Subscriptions

For all things regarding the website and forum, like suggestions, support, or just pointing out all our terrible mistakes.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Akuryou13
Settled in

Subscriptions

Post by Akuryou13 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Alright, I'm accustomed to keeping up with a forum based on subscriptions, but I cannot seem to find an option anywhere to allow me to automatically subscribe to threads I've posted in. Do I seriously have to travel the whole of the forum every time I visit just to check the few threads I've posted in?

Bloopy
Regular

Re: Subscriptions

Post by Bloopy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:22 pm

What kind of gamer needs a walkthrough? :P Or does this not quite do what you want?

User Control Panel - > Board Preferences -> Edit posting defaults -> "Notify me upon replies by default"
x_+

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:47 am

I actually did find that option and check it, but the whole of the UserCP is painfully unintuitive compared to normal vBulletin (or at least the versions I've experienced), and I don't actually see any listing of things I need to check. Like this post. I'm subscribed to this thread, and I got an e-mail about it, but within the forums itself I see no notification. Given my penchant for posting in damned near every thread ever, I don't want to have to get 90 e-mails a week from this place when it should all just be in the UserCP somewhere.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:30 am

I just use View unread posts in the board index to keep up, it's not like this place is that active. ;)

Anyways I'm not sure what exactly you are asking, so I'll just cover a bunch of stuff:
- You can subscribe to a topic through the Subscripe topic link at the bottom-left or through Notify me when a reply is posted when posting a reply. If you are already subscribed, you will see "Unsubscribe" instead. You can also subscribe entire subforums if you want.
- You can change your default subscription option in Edit posting defaults in the User Control Panel.
- You receive an e-mail the first time someone posts on a subscribed topic/forum since you last visited.
- You can also check up on your subscriptions in Manage subscriptions in the User Control Panel.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:34 am

If you don't want an email for every thread you've posted in, I'd say forget subscriptions. Doesn't the view your posts link which is at the top of the page give you exactly what you're asking for?
x_+

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Bloopy wrote:If you don't want an email for every thread you've posted in, I'd say forget subscriptions. Doesn't the view your posts link which is at the top of the page give you exactly what you're asking for?
Alright, yeah, that seems to be functional, that was just an incredibly unintuitive way to present that button. But it IS conveniently placed now that I know where it is at least.