Complete Newbie

Team17 makes other games? I had no idea!

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Psyqwix

Complete Newbie

Post by Psyqwix » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:19 am

Hi everyone, I need some help with Quak. I admit now that when it comes to emulation I am nearly clueless, so if I seem like a complete idiot its because i'm completely ignorant of emulators!

I got WinUAE with the rom, Quak.adf from this website and I can get (I think) the Quak.adf file to run. The problems occurs when the adf thingy actually loads. Initially a cheat page seems to load up which is fine, but I don't know how to move on from here and actually play the game!

There isnt any documentation with the Quak.adf file so if anyone knows what keys I need to press to get the game started I would be very grateful. Just go easy on me, remember I know nothing! :P

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:53 am

Hi Psyqwix.

Most copies of QWAK on the Internet, like the one on Dream17, are cracked versions. The Cheat screen can be skipped by clicking the left mouse button, I believe. If not, try using Return, Space or Escape.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:25 am

Yeah. Also you can use these pages to enable infinite lives/eggs by highlighting the lines with the mouse and clicking to toggle them. They're usually referred to as trainers.

If you can't use your mouse try changing your controller settings in the WinUAE interface. I recommend you download Lemonade from Lemon Amiga which will help you select a good configuration and make the whole process easier.

Bring back frog
THE ONLY ONE HERE

Post by Bring back frog » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:08 pm

i remember when i was a newbie, maybe i still am..
but am glad the forums easy to get around.

this forum rules
Thomas sutherland... soz i havent been on for ages be back soon.