W4 - Jump-firing.

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

K^2
Regular

W4 - Jump-firing.

Post by K^2 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:56 am

I'm not sure if this is common knowleged, but pretty much any weapon in the demo can be fired/deployed while in the jump. It is even possible to switch into the first person mode for aiming.

Things to do with this:
1) Use for extra retreat distance with dropable weapons. Stand on the enemy worm, backflip-deploy* dynomite. It will land on the enemy worm and you'll allready be some distance away by the time that the retreat time starts ticking. Very usefull if double damage is on or if there is some rough terrain to retreat on.

2) Double jump off barells. Aim bazooka straight down, jump at a barel, fire while over it. You can make very long jumps this way without getting nearly as much damage as if you would by just standing on a barrel. Also, I think I once managed to do that without getting poisoned.

3) When there is an obstacle between you and the target, sometimes it is still possible to hit the target with a shotgun if you do a backflip. Just backflip, hit Q, and fire. The downside is that it only gives you a fraction of a second to aim. It will also be a good way to show off on the Worm Net. The person on the other end might not know that you switched to first person mode while in the air.

4) Mostly just to show off, stand on the top of a worm and backflip-fire* a bazooka. If done right, delivers 50HP of damage to the target and no damage to your own worm.

* The best key sequence to backflip-fire/deploy weapons that need not to be aimed or aimed straight down seems to be Jump-Back(hold)-Jump-Fire. There should be almost no dellay between second Jump and Fire, though, with something like bazooka, it is possible to hit Fire too early.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

Cyclaws
Former Staffmember

Post by Cyclaws » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:25 pm

Hmm, nice. Thanks for the tips. :D
Webmaster of WormsTournaments: http://www.wormstournaments.co.uk
Creator of my blog: http://www.kevinstreetonline.com
Worms Corrispondent for Dream17: cyclaws@dream17.info

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:44 pm

Some very snazzy tips there, K.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.