WormShell

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

ThreeHeadedMonkey

WormShell

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:05 pm

On your softography+, it says the following about WormShell;
Ben Hutchings created this nifty little program which, when used properly, allows you to bypass the Copy Protection sequence of the game as well as fixing various bugs which, apparently, is all down to Blitz Basic's "bloated code". Hmm.
So how do I use it 'properly', is my question? How do I bypass the copy protection? My old Worms manual is so worn, I can barely read it, and I couldn't find a replacement on the web.

Also, the WormShell guide doesn't mention this feature at all.
Last edited by ThreeHeadedMonkey on Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeHeadedMonkey

Re:

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:17 am

Anyone? I haven't worked with Amigas in many a year...

ThreeHeadedMonkey

More CD³² Goodness

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:40 am

Posted by Squirminator2k on 08/04/05 at 5:00am GMT:
I've placed the CD³² version of Worms up for download, complete with a PDF of the Copy Protection Table. Snazzy, eh?
Yay! Now I don't have to mess with WormShell to get the game going! Thanks a bunch, man.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:54 am

Not a problem.

Incidentally, WormShell also fixes various bugs with the original version of Worms, so it may be worthwhile installing. Copy Protection Bypass is included in the program, however (I just tested it and it works fine). All you need to do is, well, install WormShell and run the WormShell executeable.

Very odd that I didn't pick up on this thread, but I'll keep an eye on such things in future!
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.