Brannigans

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Vader
Settled in

Brannigans

Post by Vader » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:12 pm

Having just returned from my local Londis I thought I'd make a thread based on one of my findings there.

Before I start I would just like to add that Geo's Scocth Eggs are much better than Pork Farm's.

Now onto the topic at hand. Brannigan's crisps.

For a McCoy's brand they've really let us down. I remember a few years ago when Brannigans came in a brown paper style bag and were thicker than pig poop. They now come in the standard 'foil' bag and whilst they are about as thick as they used to be (at least more frequently than not) they are only about half as dense and there's a fraction of the amount of flavour that used to come on them.

It's a bloody disgrace. Brannigan's whole branding was based on old time honest values. Now we're being fed half the amount for the same price - just like Marathons, I mean Snickers.

I hate the world now. Especialy since if I'm doing something with haste I will now have it "done in a ciffy". If I want a fruity sweet, I have to eat something which sounds like the creation of a blackhole. It's killing me and I cant even use food to condole myself!

Where will it end? Even the GameBoy has faced a shrinking ray! Oh wait, that's a good thing.
-------666-------
Brraaaaiiiinnss
-------666-------

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:14 pm

All food is shrinking. The companies realise that most consumers are too stupid to actually complain, so they can get away with getting smaller... and smaller... and smaller.

Run
Fan of Excellence

Post by Run » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:39 pm

And I was sadly disappointed.
Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law"

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Run wrote:Image

And I was sadly disappointed.
Um, yeah.

Vader
Settled in

Post by Vader » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:16 pm

FutureWorm wrote:Um, yeah.
Zap!

I've seen smaller though... I believe in America they call them shrinkydinks because they're all Australian at heart
-------666-------
Brraaaaiiiinnss
-------666-------

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:04 pm

"Howdy, would you like some deep-fried potato filings?"
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.