OnEscapee - more free retro goodness

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

xpresschok

OnEscapee - more free retro goodness

Post by xpresschok » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:53 am

Some of you might remember this game from the Amiga. It was made by Invictus, another Codemasters-related company.

Recently, they remade it for PC and released it as freeware. It's a 140MB download, but it rocks. If you liked Another World or Flashback, this is definitely a game you should check out.

http://onescapee.invictus.hu/
Please don't feed the grues.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:16 pm

and just like in Another World, i have no idea what to do or how to avoid getting killed.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

xpresschok

Post by xpresschok » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:30 pm

SupSuper wrote:and just like in Another World, i have no idea what to do or how to avoid getting killed.
Your goal is to escape from the aliens that kidnapped you. Here's a little tip to get you started:
Run to the left (roll under the fallen tree when you see it) until you come to a security beam which you can't pass. Just hang around until the ship comes and blasts you past the beam. Continue left until you see a spaceship on the ground. Stand around until the patrol ship comes your way and, just as it prepares to fire, run away to either side. It'll blast the ship and also blow a hole in the ground, into which you should drop as quickly as possible. There's an object on the ground here which you can pick up.
Please don't feed the grues.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:27 pm

xpresschok wrote:
SupSuper wrote:and just like in Another World, i have no idea what to do or how to avoid getting killed.
Your goal is to escape from the aliens that kidnapped you. Here's a little tip to get you started:
Run to the left (roll under the fallen tree when you see it) until you come to a security beam which you can't pass. Just hang around until the ship comes and blasts you past the beam. Continue left until you see a spaceship on the ground. Stand around until the patrol ship comes your way and, just as it prepares to fire, run away to either side. It'll blast the ship and also blow a hole in the ground, into which you should drop as quickly as possible. There's an object on the ground here which you can pick up.
heh, i've gone way farther than that by now. it just frustates me how the game relies so much on "die, die, die, die, die, die, die and die until you finally figure it out". they could've at least included the readme of the original Amiga version which helped you get through the beginning, specially for the mini-puzzles.

now i'm stuck here. if i try to jump over the mines, the robots zap me back onto them and i die. if i crouch to avoid them, i can't jump over the mines.

edit: also, does the Alt key do anything?!? All I can see is that the guy gets a bunch of green pixels flashing around him for a while :?
Attachments
i'm dead!
i'm dead!
onescapee.png (29.32 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer