What happened to www.dream17.co.uk ???

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:43 am

Now now, kids. Let's not have an inter-forum Mod Bashing Contest. At least, not here.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

AndrewTaylor
Regular

Post by AndrewTaylor » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:15 pm

No, let's have it over at my forum where I'll win.

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:13 am

Does everyone have a forum now? I need to hurry up and build that server so that I can have my own.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

thomasp

Post by thomasp » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:20 am

Cyclaws wrote:You know how much I'd love to give you a freaky status line, lock your post count at 0, edit your signiture and avatar every few days to things you wouldn't like, but this is the wrong forum to do it in. So I won't.
BRING IT ON!!!!!
K^2 wrote:Does everyone have a forum now?
I don't :(

AndrewTaylor
Regular

Post by AndrewTaylor » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:27 pm

K^2 wrote:Does everyone have a forum now? I need to hurry up and build that server so that I can have my own.
Well, I have a website, so I put a forum on it. To my mind a website with no interactive features at all has to be a damn good website or else it's just a waste of time. Might as well read a book. It's more comfortable and you can do it outside in the sunshine.

Of course, it's slightly redundant now I have the comments script on every page, but people post there sometimes so I assume it's not totally worthless.

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:37 pm

My website had a forum, but not any more because it sucked and got SPAM'D, so super-frog.co.uk now uses *this* forum instead.
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:24 pm

I once ran a little free-forum hosting service and ended up hosting 5 forums. After the initial novetly of "ohhh, I get to admin my own forum" ran out they all died.

Curiously, the Dream17 Forum was one of them, though it was the one before Dream17 actually existed and it was just a part of the WorMatriX forum.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer