Nostalgia

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

FutureWorm

Nostalgia

Post by FutureWorm » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:16 am

It's weird when the places you frequented back in the day just disappear. I thought of the Team17 forum for the first time in a while recently. Tried to check it out; turns out it's been closed for four years. Lots of great posts there that are now gone forever. But hey, apparently I still have an account here. This place has the feel of a bunch of old regulars who remember the Good Times at their favorite bar which no longer exists.

Also weird that I was basically a kid for most of the time I was active there. Now I'm a grown-ass man. Yet the memories, they beckon.

So, back into it once more. For nostalgia's sake. Remember when I threw a shit fit and was the drama queen of the century when Open Discussion was briefly made public back on the old forums? Good times.

Zeor
Senior

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Zeor » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:50 pm

I remember it well. :P Welcome back.

Has it really been four years? Crazy...
Edit: Not according to my signature, but the time has flown.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Yeah, how silly we were thinking it would last...

Welcome anyways! ;)

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:08 pm

The FutureWorm vs Plasma slapfights will never be forgotten. Welcome back into the fold. You will never leave.

It's been 3 years since the Team17 Forum shut down and 15 years since it all started. Time is a weird mistress.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:41 am

Garn, I remember registering when it initially opened. Blimey.

There was a period of time when the forum was the only bit of the site that appeared to be active...!
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 pm

SupSuper wrote:The FutureWorm vs Plasma slapfights will never be forgotten. Welcome back into the fold. You will never leave.
he was the worst. just the worst

so what's everyone up to these days? i'm in new york now and having some success here and there as a theatre director. pickleworm was a groomsman at my wedding a few years ago if you can believe that

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:57 pm

FutureWorm wrote: so what's everyone up to these days? i'm in new york now and having some success here and there as a theatre director. pickleworm was a groomsman at my wedding a few years ago if you can believe that
Well that's pretty cool. Seems like he's been too busy to check in online at all in the last couple of months. :| I'll assume this means he's doing pretty well for himself, so I can't grumble too much about that.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:46 am

FutureWorm wrote:Lots of great posts there that are now gone forever.
They're not exactly gone forever. Copies have been archived:
http://dream17.abime.net/forum/viewtopic ... =382#p5187
x_+

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Bloopy wrote:
FutureWorm wrote:Lots of great posts there that are now gone forever.
They're not exactly gone forever. Copies have been archived:
http://dream17.abime.net/forum/viewtopic ... =382#p5187
Ah geez. Now I'm definitely not getting any work done today.

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Going through this archive is the greatest. I'm realizing that the Team17 Forum served almost exclusively as an outlet for a lot of my adolescent rage while I was 16 and 17, and I owe everyone a deep apology for that.

Remember yauhui and company? Shadowmoon? Remember the HaK Gaming Forum (http://z15.invisionfree.com/HaK_Gaming_Forum/)? This is the _best_.

Also, holy shit, all the Hell Yeah Crew comics are in this archive. I thought they were lost and gone forever. Remember these?
Attachments
hell yeah5.PNG
hell yeah5.PNG (24.69 KiB) Viewed 60593 times

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:35 am

Man, high school wasn't anything like that for me. :(

I remember drawing Yauhui's sigworm way back when and he put it in his signature. I was so proud because he called me "great" but now that I look back on it, he was obviously being sarcastic. Literally all I had was MSPaint and I recall asking everyone what they used to draw. That was the first time I had ever heard of Wacom...
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 am

Remember Plasma and Kelster's nauseating declarations of public love? Remember how he saved up all that money to go see her, only for her to dump his sorry ass? Holy shit, it's all coming back to me.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:41 am

THYC was one of the very best things ever to happen to the old forum.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Looking through the archive a little closer, it looks like only Pickleworm's comics were saved for some reason. Does anyone happen to have the ones I made?

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:28 am

FutureWorm wrote:Remember Plasma and Kelster's nauseating declarations of public love? Remember how he saved up all that money to go see her, only for her to dump his sorry ass? Holy shit, it's all coming back to me.
Oh I think I remember this! Ah young naive love... funny as hell.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:58 pm

FutureWorm wrote:Looking through the archive a little closer, it looks like only Pickleworm's comics were saved for some reason. Does anyone happen to have the ones I made?
I'm sure they're all archived somewhere or another. I'll see if I can find the lot.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 am

Cisken1 wrote:
FutureWorm wrote:Remember Plasma and Kelster's nauseating declarations of public love? Remember how he saved up all that money to go see her, only for her to dump his sorry ass? Holy shit, it's all coming back to me.
If I recall correctly, he was from Scotland and she was from Australia, so he saved up all this money and flew out there, and once they met in person it was just a catastrophe.

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:12 am

FutureWorm wrote:
Cisken1 wrote:
If I recall correctly, he was from Scotland and she was from Australia, so he saved up all this money and flew out there, and once they met in person it was just a catastrophe.
Painful but honestly, what do you expect for a person you only met online...

Reminds me of that reality show on MTV called "catfish"...

Pickleworm

Post by Pickleworm » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:27 pm

i forgot all about plasma and kelster. are they still around in any form? what a trip, bummer that it was such a disaster

hi everyone. sorry for falling off the face of the earth kinda, i was / still am just very strongly up in my own little world these days and a big hermit with my new job.

i remember when i got extremely obsessed with the t17 forum i was 11 dang years old. i still have no idea why i focused on that, of all things, but i'm glad i did. i need to comb through these attachments and see what comics i can unearth

FutureWorm

Post by FutureWorm » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:44 am

Pickleworm wrote:i forgot all about plasma and kelster. are they still around in any form? what a trip, bummer that it was such a disaster

hi everyone. sorry for falling off the face of the earth kinda, i was / still am just very strongly up in my own little world these days and a big hermit with my new job.

i remember when i got extremely obsessed with the t17 forum i was 11 dang years old. i still have no idea why i focused on that, of all things, but i'm glad i did. i need to comb through these attachments and see what comics i can unearth
whoa, hi matt