The Official Character Profile Thread

Whatever you're working on - be it Art, Music, a Fan-Game or a program for use with existing Team17 games - we want to hear about it.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Likety

The Official Character Profile Thread

Post by Likety » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 pm

This has to live on, preferably with JUST PROFILES.
So a character profile? What's that?

I'll just steal this from Zero72's original character profile thread from the T17 Forums:

1. An image, preferably showing the character well and clearly enough so that somebody else could study it and draw the character. Consider also adding common props/weapons/equipment. Also, if you think it's necessary, consider adding a brief description to accompany your image.

2. Background: This can be reasonably brief or halfa novel, whatever it takes for your particular character. This should be a run-down of just who the character is, and maybe where he comes from if you want to get that detailed about it. Consider adding nationality and stuff like that.

3. Personality: Describe your character - the way he acts, the way he thinks, and such-like. this will probably the longest section of your profile. This is where you talk about your character's driving motives, attitude problems, andso-on.

4. Weapon of choice: If your character has a signature weapon or something similar, put it here. If not, don't.

5. Likes - Optionally, add a few things that your character likes.

6. Dislikes - Optionally, add a few things that your character dislikes.

7. Others: Be a little creative. Don't just put "Others" and start typing stuff; make up your own statistics. A favorite line, a favorite food, or any other thing, however stupid, irrelevant or pointless it might be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll start with my own sigworm.

Name: Muscular Worm

1. Images

2. Background
Muscular Worm once was a normal Worm who's name I may not mention... because of the secret-ness... When Muscular Worm was a normal worm, he always dreamt of being the greatest superhero of all eternity, he ran around with his underwear on his head... (yes, worms apperantly have underwear and can run, even though legless). Due to his parents dying in a tragic high velocity merry-go-round accident and the amount of red-bull drank in an effort to obtain wings, his brain shrunk to the size of a peanut (Proverbial... a peanut sized brain on an actual worm would be relatively huge). This caused him to actually think he's the greatest superhero of all eternity! Whoosh!

3. Personality
Muscular Worm isn't the smartest pickle in the jar, actually quite the opposite. He does crazy things like eating from a parkbench, yelling to the bench it's evil. He thinks everyone is a villain except for the worms he likes.

4. Weapon of choice
Muscular Worm doesn't actually have a weapon of choice, but for some reason, stuff usually ends the right way up. Of course in his own imaginary world: Hero-ish X-ray of doom!

5. Likes
- Food: Doughnuts
- Drink: Fristi
- Music: Old disco records and christmas songs

6. Dislikes
- Baron Bad Worm (A.K.A. Baron, Once Bad, Then Good, Then Bad Again, Worm)
- Peanuts
- Toes

7. Others
Quote: "Muscular Worm! Whoosh!"
Quote²: "Fear the epic power of the (kind of) HERO-ISH X-RAY OF DOOM *wiuwiuwiuwiuw!*"
Last edited by Likety on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whoosh!

Zeor
Senior

Re: The Official Character Profile Thread

Post by Zeor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:33 pm

I was sort of looking forward to leaving all this behind. :P To each his own.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Name: Sam (Nicknamed and often called Star)
Class: Soldier

Appearence: Quite like the average worm, he always wears his signature green helmet.

Personality: Sam is bold, somewhat brave, and quick to leap into action without thought, but he can sometimes get over confident and face people he can't fight. He can also be childish and sometimes selfish, much to the annoyance of others.

Background: Sam is very interested in space travel, this may or may not be relevant to the situation. It is also rumored that his bold and somewhat personality has lead him to join the army and fight in... some kind of war that happened. Of course, this may not be true as he can over estimate himself probably would've gotten himself killed, maybe.

Weapon of Choice: Shotgun

Adventure.
Space Travel.

Dislikes:
The Darkside.
Being forced to do things.
Hard Work (that's not fun)
Last edited by Star and Moon on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:41 am, edited 10 times in total.

WormGod

Post by WormGod » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Name: Mr. Tea

I couldn't be arsed to type out the whole profile word for word.

HuntaKilla

Post by HuntaKilla » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 am

Zeor wrote:I was sort of looking forward to leaving all this behind. :P To each his own.
Me too :p
I remember having an amazingly stupid reason why HK had wings, not to mention the rest of my old profile.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 am

Looking through some of the old comics like Eye on Legs, this idea is really cool. I'm actually thinking about starting a(nother) comic, and possibly using some of these profiles.

Anyway, I was thinking, I remember someone said they got the archives to the old Team17 forums and maybe they could upload some of the old profiles here and maybe people like HK could rework their characters if they want.

Of course, I Will Headbutt You has a lot of the sig characters, but I'd like to see their profiles.

Also if you want to remake yours, or are a new person who wants to post one, you don't have to type out the whoooole thing, maybe just give a rough definition of your character. I might actually rework/shorten mine a bit too.

Thanks.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:20 am

The character profile thread was a terrible idea.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:24 am

I think it's a great idea. I'm actually tempted to participate for some kind of nostalgia, even though I never participated in anything like that on the T17 forum.
x_+

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Hmm, I guess I'm just a few years behind when it comes to all this.

Anyway, I've already started drafting the first issue of the comic, it's going to be about the new Worms Clan Wars (in a sense), and its format is similar to Eye on Legs.
Last edited by Star and Moon on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:02 pm

I do definitely approve of a new forum comic, don't get me wrong, and I think a dump thread for drawing reference and other tips may have been a good idea for that sort of thing, but I think writing biographies and alternate personalities for our sigworms was a bad idea. Maybe. Maybe it's not! Iunno. All I know is that the original one ended up leaving a bad smell.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Zeor wrote:I do definitely approve of a new forum comic, don't get me wrong, and I think a dump thread for drawing reference and other tips may have been a good idea for that sort of thing, but I think writing biographies and alternate personalities for our sigworms was a bad idea. Maybe. Maybe it's not! Iunno. All I know is that the original one ended up leaving a bad smell.
Oh, ok, I was getting the vibe that you thought the whole Idea was terrible.

I find the profiles useful, so you can get a little background knowledge on your worm and what their personality is like. The Character's history really isn't that important, so I guess it is optional, and only for those comic-makers who REALLY want to get everybody's character EXACTLY right, which I don't intend on doing. I just want their generic personality.

Anyway, the first comic might be up today or tomorrow, stay tuned!

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:48 am

Star and Moon wrote: Anyway, the first comic might be up today or tomorrow, stay tuned!
EDIT 500 YEARS LATER: WOW THIS NEVER HAPPENED I AM SUCH A LAZY WOW OK.

EDIT 1000 YEARS LATER: In case you're looking through this thread for some reason and see this, well, just realize that it's never ever going to happen anymore. Don't listen to promises I made all those years ago. :p
Last edited by Star and Moon on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 am

Name: Bloopy
Born: Probably around the time you call 1984 on Earth. Long enough ago to have travelled here from his distant planet.

Bloopy's notable features are his alien antennae and his light blue colour. Bloopy the worm can be thought of as a projection of Bloopy into the Worms universe. Bloopy hails from the turquoise-coloured Planet Bloopy in the Bloopy solar system, where they write with the Bloopy alphabet, and... well you get the idea. Planet Bloopy is home to all manner of strange creatures that make Bloopy look remarkably ordinary, such as a blue banana-shaped dog, a one-eyed pear-shaped man, a camel with 7 humps, and a boy made entirely out of circles. Just a little further out orbits a similar planet called Planet Bloop. It could be mistaken for a distorted reflection, but if you take a closer look you'll notice that everything there is slightly different, as if it was the same cartoon drawn by a different person's hand. The 3rd and final planet in the solar system is the tiny outlying Planet Zeebo. It just might be where you'll find Bloopy's arch nemesis, holed up in an ice fortress.

Weapon of Choice: The red button.

Personality: Bloopy is usually relaxed, which might explain why he's great at procrastinating. He has a cynical sense of humour, often feeling that the only appropriate action is to take a step back and laugh at the universe. Despite being cautious of others, Bloopy is honest, kind and gentle. Except when he needs to press that red button.

Likes: Sugar, bread, programming, physics and just generally understanding more about the universe.

Dislikes: Salt, onions, economics, making mistakes, and the stress of the turn timer beeping away the last 5 seconds.

Catchphrases:
"The universe is much bigger than you."
"You can't hold your head high and watch who you're stepping on at the same time."
x_+

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Bloopy whenever I see your name I can't help but think of this:

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:55 am

Star and Moon wrote:Bloopy whenever I see your name I can't help but think of this:
Oh wow Speedy Blupi! That was one of my favorite games growing up. Spent so many hours trying to find all the treasure chests and defeat the evil pickle.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Well, given the absolute trainwreck I had in my time back on the Team17 forums I decided that I must ATONE FOR MY SINS. I... did make a Sigworm back then but, um
*Cough* I don't like to talk about it...
Yeah granted that was by Gingerneck but in all honesty that doesn't detract much quality from it. I regret so many things

So anyway, I decided my first "step to retribution" should be to, you know, actually make a decent Sigworm. So here we go.

Name: Vice (Yeah, real original)
ImageUgh how do I hands
Background: Vice spent most of his adolescent years doing absolutely nothing of value, gaining mild skills in lots varying occupations but not enough to actually be useful. The term "Jack of all Trades" would fit if he actually put himself to use, but he's just generally too lazy. He never really got anywhere in college, so he dropped out and hopped from job to job for a couple years. During a brief stint working at a home shopping TV network, he told himself he could easily make better garbage than what they were selling there, and fancies himself an amateur inventor. He has never sold any of his "brilliant creations". As of now, Vice owns a small convenience store called "The Mystery Crate", where he gains moderate income. There is a dedicated corner of the store where he stocks his own inventions, and always keeps them better stocked than anything else in the store.

Personality: He comes off as quite blunt, but is actually surprisingly insecure due to him being at least somewhat aware of his own inadequacies. Typically tries to keep himself out of too much trouble, but has a bad habit of being smug. A perfectionist, but only when doing something well doesn't take too much time or effort. Quite cynical and pessimistic, but really anxious about things turning out badly regardless.

Weapon of choice: Despite expectations (you know, being based on a character from a combat game), Vice is a horrendous shot and can't aim in the slightest, so he prefers to just use anything that doesn't take precise accuracy (e.g. any type of explosive).

Fireworks
Bouncy castles
Cereal

Dislikes:
Hearing his own voice
Snow
Sniper rifles
Romance novels
Hot sauce

Other:
Won a Scrabble tournament a while back and won't shut up about it
Despite the poker visor, he hardly knows how to play anything but Solitaire, but he's worn it for so long that he feels it would be "against his personal style" to take it off
Had a bad incident with a jar of relish when he was younger, which he doesn't like to talk about
Sings along to vaporwave when he's in the shower
His car is full of plastic bags that he "swears he'll recycle soon"
Once blew his own finger off, but glued it back on and it healed for some reason
Doesn't remember why he started wearing the bandanna, but thinks it's just because "everyone else was accessorizing, so I did too"
Never eats breakfast because he feels like it doesn't do anything of value
Semi-compulsive gambler, always goes back as soon as he forgets how terrible his luck is (then immediately remembers after one or two games of Blackjack)
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:03 am

I don't think we're really usin' this thread anymore, but I totally understand that itch to correct something about your past. :P Welcome.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!