Flockers: new IP from Team17

Team17 makes other games? I had no idea!

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Flockers: new IP from Team17

Post by SupSuper » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/FlockersGame

Well that sure is a thing. I'm assuming they're saving the details for Rezzed, but it looks like some kind of puzzle game.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Re: Flockers: new IP from Team17

Post by Worm Mad » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Hooray! They're finally doing a non-Worms game! :D

Which is um... apparently set in the Worms universe. But hey, good enough. :?
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:07 pm

I'm glad they're doing something different this time around, I might actually pick up this one. Of course, I'll have to wait and see how it turns out, I definitely won't be pre-ordering any T17 product since what happened with Clan Wars...

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY4bhpiJhZQ

Joke aside, it basically is a reskinned Lemmings. Well they did good work with the remake, maybe this will work out as well.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 pm

This game does look unspeakably violent. What's the point? Do you have to kill all the Flockers or save them? I don't understand!
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Pooka wrote:this game does look unspeakably violent. What's the point? Do you have to kill all the Flockers or save them? I don't understand!
Save them. It's basically a gorier version of Lemmings, only with sheep.

So yeah, the gameplay might be fun, but I'm not a big blood 'n guts fan either.
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Flockers was released today apparently in Steam Early Access. http://store.steampowered.com/app/260330/

It looks like an actually good game (can't say for sure), but what's with the ridiculous amounts of blood all of a sudden? Worms never had anything like that, and it's set in the Worms universe...

Whatever. I'm probably not getting it anyway.

EDIT: There's options for turning it off, so you have that I guess.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Thu May 08, 2014 1:08 am

All this complaining about the blood is a little surreal given how much the old forum rejoiced in gore. :P

That said, I mean, yeah, weird.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Thu May 08, 2014 2:06 am

I mean, I don't really mind it in games like Team Fortress 2 or Terraria, but in Flockers it's just... ludicrous amounts. Everyone thinks differently... and also I should stop complaining as there is an option to turn it off. Goodnight.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Mon May 19, 2014 4:39 am

I don't know if I can be bothered with another clunky T17 game, but I don't see an issue with the blood. It was dumb when things like the Carmageddon series switching to green zombie blood happened, just to appease society. Indie games have succeeded in making blood cool again. They Bleed Pixels, Super Meat Boy, and probably many more.
x_+

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Thu May 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I didn't imagine so many people here would have issues with the gore, if anything it's a good thing because it shows that the people at Team17 aren't afraid of being offensive anymore, just like old times. Although I'm a bit surprised at such a sudden turn, since they always insisted about being family friendly and all.

That said it's still essentially Lemmings with sheep, set in the Worms universe. Not exactly a new original IP per say, but that's a start I guess.

StepS
Settled in

Post by StepS » Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 pm

_Kilburn wrote:I didn't imagine so many people here would have issues with the gore, if anything it's a good thing because it shows that the people at Team17 aren't afraid of being offensive anymore, just like old times. Although I'm a bit surprised at such a sudden turn, since they always insisted about being family friendly and all.

That said it's still essentially Lemmings with sheep, set in the Worms universe. Not exactly a new original IP per say, but that's a start I guess.
hi vinh, those two 1-post posters before you were apparently just clever spammers (reported), but yeah, it's quite a strange move from T17.

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Fri May 23, 2014 7:08 am

StepS wrote:hi vinh, those two 1-post posters before you were apparently just clever spammers (reported), but yeah, it's quite a strange move from T17.
Only just noticed they simply reused bits from previous posts haha. Those bots are actually getting a bit smarter wow. :P