I've had an idea for an article I could write

For all things regarding the website and forum, like suggestions, support, or just pointing out all our terrible mistakes.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Paul.Power
He Rocketh So

I've had an idea for an article I could write

Post by Paul.Power » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:49 am

Although it's not especially Team 17ey (fairly retro and nostalgic, though), and quite a few people might consider it a dull subject (although obviously I don't).

I'd like to call it "Manual or Automatic?" and have it talk about computer game manuals, how cool they used to be, and how there's so little to a lot of them nowadays in comparison.

I'd probably mention two of my favourite unsung heroes in computer gaming, Michael Bremer and Tom Bentley (former manual copy editor and writer at Maxis respectively) at some point.

So, do you think it's a good idea or not?
"Spam is the filling in the sandwich of forum life"

Here, have some Let's Plays: Advance Wars 2 | Advance Wars

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:10 am

Sounds quite good. Write it up, email to me and we'll see what happens. Dream17 may very well have it's first Guest Article on its hands...!
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:57 pm

You'll probably want to throw in something about games being more intuitive today, and having step-by-step walk-ins built in (see, I just insulted you secretly in Morse code).