About WormNET channel schemes

Specifically for discussion of the 1999 PC game by Team17. Created as a place for discussion and to troubleshoot problems with other members. While we cannot provide OFFICIAL support, we will do what we can to help you if you need assistance.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

LoliconGuy

About WormNET channel schemes

Post by LoliconGuy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Hmmm... not sure if this is the correct place to ask (Team17 forums are closed, and Tus-WA just... duh).
I'm trying to write a custom WormNET server (aiming to bring the ranking/scoring system back), but to successfully do so, I need to fully understand the "scheme" flags as listed here: http://worms2d.info/WormNET_%28Worms_Armageddon%29

I want to understand how each of them works, what each do, but I just don't get what the D and G codes refer to, nor how their arguments should be written. Anybody knows how?

... (or is it just me who's just failing at overall text comprehension? :V)

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Re: About WormNET channel schemes

Post by SupSuper » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:34 am

Looks like they're just a sequence of letters (like "aafiffaz...") where each letter corresponds to an option setting (nice of them to not specify the actual options though).

I'd suggest asking on the #worms IRC where the WA bunch hang out.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

GrO

Re: About WormNET channel schemes

Post by GrO » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm

a b c d e f g h i j k l m = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 values.

Example with Blood:

Ba = Blood strenght value 1/5
Bb = Blood strenght value 2/5
Bc = Blood strenght value 3/5
Bd = Blood strenght value 4/5
Be = Blood strenght value 5/5

I hope You understand it more now.

When it comes to the Ranking System I would be careful, because of this:
| T | a-f | Hosting: 0=allowed, 1=ranked, 2=ranked, 3=ranked, 4=ranked, 5=disallowed
This is also used as the type value of the game when reporting the result. Setting a value between 1 and 4 won't allow the hoster to pick a custom map, under normal server setup. |