Arcade Pool

Team17 makes other games? I had no idea!

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

xpresschok

Arcade Pool

Post by xpresschok » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:38 pm

As Arcade Pool and Arcade Snooker (the CU Amiga cover disk) were both very enjoyable, I'd like to know what the current status of Arcade Pool II is: is it commercially available from any brand that is sold in "offline" game stores? If so, what company is currently marketing it? Does anyone know?
Please don't feed the grues.

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:58 am

You can download Arcade Snooker from Dream17!
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:54 pm

Arcade Pool II is available to buy from TryMedia. Originally the game itself was made available on the Hasbro Budget range, but it has not been re-released since. I've tried (and failed) on numerous occasions to get permission to host it for download, but until TryMedia go under, I doubt we'll be able to.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

xpresschok

Post by xpresschok » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:39 am

Pooka wrote:You can download Arcade Snooker from Dream17!
No need to, really, as I already have the cover disk. :)
I was interested in seeing how (if?) Arcade Pool II had improved things, and to see how the game had made the transition to higher-res graphics.
But as I don't buy stuff online (except by mail order) I really need to find some place that sells the game either in a regular store, or by mail order so I don't have to use some (possibly insecure) online payment method. So I guess TryMedia is out of the question, as much because of that as because of the fact that I like to have the actual original disc in my collection for safe keeping.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:03 pm

Xpress - I'll have a look at the shop I purchased my copy from (he has a veritable Goldmine of PC titles from up to twenty years ago) and I'll see if he has a copy. I picked mine up for £10 from that shop. I can find out if he does Mail Orders, if you like.

Incidentally, CAPS Project might like to get their mits on that Floppy Disk of Arcade Snooker. They've contacted me twice asking me if I have a copy (sadly, it has been urinated on by an over-excited kitten).
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

xpresschok

Post by xpresschok » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Squirminator2k wrote:Xpress - I'll have a look at the shop I purchased my copy from (he has a veritable Goldmine of PC titles from up to twenty years ago) and I'll see if he has a copy. I picked mine up for £10 from that shop. I can find out if he does Mail Orders, if you like.
I'll have a look-see in the local tech-geek-populated shops again, maybe I'll get lucky. If I don't, well, I'll just pester some of the bigger game stores in the country about it and see what turns up - sometimes they are actually able to find some rare gems. Then again, quite often, I'll find the last copy of what I'm looking for while browsing some bargain bin in the local supermarket or at the mall. Odd, that.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:50 pm

I contacted the little shop - no copies left, but still some very rare finds PC-wise (original boxed copies of Sam 'n' Max on both Floppy and CD, for example).