Kingpin

Team17 makes other games? I had no idea!

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Jonah
Settled in

Kingpin

Post by Jonah » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:22 pm

Let me present to you a picture that's embedded deep in my mind. Two grown men and a teenage boy sitting in a bedroom, they have been there for hours. One is a taxi driver, the owner of his own firm and the father of the teenage boy. The other gentleman just happens to be the husband of the taxi drivers daughter. What are they doing? Well they are playing a computer game and they simply can't put the controls down. Calls are coming through on the taxi hotline, the wives are calling their husbands, but they refuse to let go of the controls. The two adults along with the teenage boy are glued to the screen.

The game involves Ten Pin Bowling, a huge bowling ball, a bowling alley, an arrow on screen zipping from left to right. Hours later, after much toil, the adults let go of the controls after the young kid achieved 10 strikes in a row. Those moments stick in the minds of these individuals to this day.

It is moments like these that make computer gaming great.

Kingpin was great.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:25 pm

I'd have to disagree - I found Kingpin to be extremely tedeous and dull, and it's been equalled or bettered by half of the bowling sims available for Java-enabled mobiles.

Actually, the only half-interesting Bowling game I've ever played wasn't a game but rather a Minigame - the Bowling Minigame from Super Monkey Ball 2.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

Jonah
Settled in

I know Squirmy disagrees

Post by Jonah » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:05 pm

Your hatred of the game inspired my thoughts.

Thanks