Modding W4:M demo

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

MtlAngelus
Settled in

Modding W4:M demo

Post by MtlAngelus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:57 pm

Well, it is apparently possible to modify both versions of the demo and, apparently, the full version too.
The files I've edited so far are located in the W4 directory, in Data>Tweak> It's WeapTwk.xml and Tweak.xml. Right click and remove the "Read only" option. Then open this files with notepad, and just modify the values of the weapon you wish to modify. You can add clusters and choose any weapon as cluster(Just beware, adding too many clusters can crash the game), you can change the size of the weapon, and a bunch of other values such as damage, land damage, radius, etc.
In Tweak.xml you can change values to some utilities, like adding more fuel to the jetpack, more lenght to the ninja rope, and a lot of other stuff(jump distances of the worm, gravity, etc).
You can also make some utilites and weapons available when tailnailed, like the jetpack and rope, with some weird results. If you use jetpack while tailnailed, whetever you land you'll still be nailed :p If you change weapon in midair, you'll be stuck in midair xD(and for some reason be unable to shoot anything that requires any type of aiming :p, you can't turn around either)
You can only play people who have the same modifications as you, otherwise it just gets a desync error on first round.
There are also some things that are better not edited because they cause problems in online.
I'm sure some people will be able to do some rather complex stuff with this, to the point of creating a whole different gameplay experience :)

It's incredibly fun. Credit goes to Shootme(he's the one who told me what files to open)
Also, don't forget to backup the files you edit in case you do something terribly wrong :p

And finally, This is NOT supported by Dream17 in any way.[/b]

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:04 pm

Does the full version actually use the .xml files for tweaks? Or does it use .xom instead?
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

MtlAngelus
Settled in

Post by MtlAngelus » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:01 am

Don't really know, I don't have the full version.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:07 pm

The full version has .xml files in the Tweak folder as well.
x_+

AndrewTaylor
Regular

Post by AndrewTaylor » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:47 pm

That doesn't necessarily mean anything -- there are, for example, a load of TGA files in Forts that you can delete if you want. The images are loaded from bundleXXX.xom files by the game.

Change one and see what happens -- but keep a backup.

Rabble

Post by Rabble » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:47 am

(Yes its rabble.)

You can edit much more. Though it can get a bit rediculous. You can pretty much add ammo changes and griders and maps even clothes. Rather just buy the full because there really isn't an excuse for your country now. (Just do it offline.)

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:57 am

There is still an excuse. I'm poor.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

Rabble

Post by Rabble » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:14 am

If you ask reallly nicely for it... I mean. I got W3D from a friend.

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:20 pm

All of my friends are even more broke than me right now.

Rabble

Post by Rabble » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:28 am

Ask random people for money. Fake A leg Operation.

Oh and this. Speaks for itself. http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/2740 ... elf8jj.jpg

sonickfd

Post by sonickfd » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:43 am

Finally i can fix the Horrible problems that bugged me and my friends when we play worms 4!
Things im totally doing to improve the Real gameplay:
Long ninja rope, the real one isnt long enough to be usefull in worms 4.
Longer jetpack fuel, Icarus potions are overrated.

Awesome things im going to do that totally violate the rules:
Bazooka Cluster. Yeah, its that important.
Give the prod Massive radius just to see what happens.
Make the starurst SO STRONG it obliterates all worms. With super explosives and double damage it already blows up mountains in the unmodded game :shock:
Make the Godly bana bomb. As many clusters as possible, Masive radius land damage and worms damage.
Homing Launcher cluster. :lol:
Boggy B #3