W4M: The Kitchen Sink?

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Tentacle

W4M: The Kitchen Sink?

Post by Tentacle » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:18 pm

I've rooted around on a few sites that are vaguely related to Worms 4 (mainly cheat sites - I'm so glad there are no real cheats) and noticed that there's an (incredibly expensive) unlockable theme called The Kitchen Sink. It apparently gives you the whole Worms 4 arsenal with 5 extra weapons. It appears in the Item Shop for 2500 once you've completed W4M through and through.

Heh, has anyone managed to unlock it? I am NOT going to redo Story Mode (ESPECIALLY not the last damned mission) just to get that Alien Soundset thing and The Kitchen Sink!
Funky Dudes move over, the Funk Rejects are here!

Seriously. Take yer £2.50 disco glasses and hop it.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm

Ooh, I didn't know about that. I'll have to look into it. As an alternative, I seem to recall K^2 was working on a tool that lets you toggle what is and isn't unlocked in the game, but that was a year ago and I think he's left it now (not having W4M himself is a barrier there).
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:26 pm

Or you have this small program I made : Scheme Hacker

It allows you to modify built-in schemes (Beginner, Standard, Pro, Darkside, etc...). If you want to get the Kitchen Sink, it's very simple :
- Run Scheme Hacker
- In "Load from" select "The Kitchen Sink"
- In "Save In", select the scheme you want to be replaced (Beginner for example)
- Click "Play"
- Start a multiplayer game, and select Beginner as the scheme
- Enjoy ! :D

To keep this scheme permanently, just create a scheme based on this one... so simple. :)

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:07 pm

Wonderful :?

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:25 pm

Smiley mistake or irony? :roll:

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:31 pm

Thanks a bunch, Kilburn!

There's one problem, though - where are the W4M schemes kept? I can't find them anywhere.
Funky Dudes move over, the Funk Rejects are here!

Seriously. Take yer £2.50 disco glasses and hop it.

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Squirminator2k wrote:Ooh, I didn't know about that. I'll have to look into it. As an alternative, I seem to recall K^2 was working on a tool that lets you toggle what is and isn't unlocked in the game, but that was a year ago and I think he's left it now (not having W4M himself is a barrier there).
I never actually worked on a tool that does that. I just messed with the files by hand. It seemed that making a tool for it would ruin the game a bit, so I never bothered.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:40 pm

Tentacle wrote:There's one problem, though - where are the W4M schemes kept? I can't find them anywhere.
There isn't any, unfortunately. Custom schemes are kept in SaveGame.xom, not sure about the default ones, they might be kept in there too.
x_+

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:30 pm

Default schemes are kept elsewhere in .xml files. That's why _Kilburn was able to edit them without messing with .xom files.

I might write an abridged .xom->.xml extractor for schemes in SaveGame.xom. That would allow to edit schemes either by hand or with _Kilburn's editor. A full .xom->.xml converter would be just too much work for me to bother with at this time. Mostly because it is a pain in various parts of anatomy to create a good container type database.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

AndrewTaylor
Regular

Post by AndrewTaylor » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Well, I only have a five missions to beat T17's times on, so I reckon once NaNoWriMo is over I'll get this the old fashioned way. You can, of course, hack the times in the mission files very easily...