All about Worms 4 Mayhem

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

[Cobras]Represent
Finger Wagging Recipient

All about Worms 4 Mayhem

Post by [Cobras]Represent » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:04 am

Hi there! You can find all about Worms 4, maps, tweaks, programs, Mod-Loader.....

http://www.cobras.tk
http://www.cobras.x10hosting.com

See you in Lobby :D bye

Xinos
Regular

Re: All about Worms 4 Mayhem

Post by Xinos » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:06 am

Oh man, I just played Worms 4 on Xbox over at a friend's place house. I can say that it's not nearly as good as it is on PC.
For some reason aiming with the controller is incredibly slow, and if a worm is more than say 20 meters away then getting the crosshair on him is nearly impossible.
It was still pretty fun though and we were playing on an old 50Hz TV and everything was tinted blue.

Yeah I am so hijacking this ancient thread. Deal with it 8-)

Plasma

Post by Plasma » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 am

Worms 4 Mayhem? Oh, what's it like living in the past, neeeerds! All us cool kids play Worms Ultimate Mayhem! It's... it's basically the same game, but a little bit better.

But still better!

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 am

Like I had a choice!

CandyFace

Post by CandyFace » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Xinos wrote:Oh man, I just played Worms 4 on Xbox over at a friend's place house. I can say that it's not nearly as good as it is on PC.
For some reason aiming with the controller is incredibly slow, and if a worm is more than say 20 meters away then getting the crosshair on him is nearly impossible.
It was still pretty fun though and we were playing on an old 50Hz TV and everything was tinted blue.

Yeah I am so hijacking this ancient thread. Deal with it 8-)
Input lag as if you move the analog stick and it takes 20-50 ms to respond, because that would make it quite hard to aim, happens in HDTV because of their interlacing and processing the scaler in the TV has to do and therefore creates input lag.
It's REALLY noticeable when using retro consoles because of the lower resolution and other things the TV has to do, also exist with new consoles but it's not that noticeable because of the HDMI transfer speed compared to Scart.

If you did know this, then I'm sorry but if not - i hope you could use some of the information. I don't really remember having problems with the aiming with my own xbox but that's also many years ago since I've played it.