Worms Clan Wars

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

_Kilburn
Settled in

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Post by _Kilburn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Akuryou13 wrote:If you know a way to turn down the phong, DO let me know. Me and several others on the workshop boards have been scratching our collective heads on this one.
It's in the user manual, silly. :P
Limited to normal and diffuse maps. The model gains its specularity from the alpha channel
of the normal map.
Although it took me a while to find that part again so I guess it's pretty easily missed.

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 pm

_Kilburn wrote:
Akuryou13 wrote:If you know a way to turn down the phong, DO let me know. Me and several others on the workshop boards have been scratching our collective heads on this one.
It's in the user manual, silly. :P
Limited to normal and diffuse maps. The model gains its specularity from the alpha channel
of the normal map.
Although it took me a while to find that part again so I guess it's pretty easily missed.
oh good lord... alright, I'll play with some settings! Thanks for the heads up!

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone taking requests? Would be awesome if somebody could make the helmet of my sigworm.

Reference pic: Image

Also, I heard from someone that some of the Team17 crew will be hanging around the WormNET tonight, so if you want to fight them, then you can!

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Star and Moon wrote:Also, I heard from someone that some of the Team17 crew will be hanging around the WormNET tonight, so if you want to fight them, then you can!
if only my framerate were consistent enough to be able to play the game online....

And for the record "tonight" is right now over in england. In fact, I think we're at the tail end of their night of online play.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Akuryou13 wrote:
Star and Moon wrote:Also, I heard from someone that some of the Team17 crew will be hanging around the WormNET tonight, so if you want to fight them, then you can!
if only my framerate were consistent enough to be able to play the game online....

And for the record "tonight" is right now over in england. In fact, I think we're at the tail end of their night of online play.
Their announcement over on the steam forums was made 30 minutes ago, so it's probably still going on.

Now it says 7 hours ago. Odd.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Team17 has decided that every Wednesday they'll be showcasing some of the amazing stuff from the Workshop, which you can see here:

http://www.wormsclanwars.com/news-and-e ... dnesdays/7

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 am

Made a set of D&D-inspired hats!

Let me know what you guys think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =174045645

Thurbo

Post by Thurbo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Star and Moon wrote:Team17 has decided that every Wednesday they'll be showcasing some of the amazing stuff from the Workshop, which you can see here:

http://www.wormsclanwars.com/news-and-e ... dnesdays/7
Only just noticed this, actually. Cool I made it in but I wonder why of all the things they decided to showcase the bandolier? I mean, I don't think it looks bad or anything but with it technically being a moustache there are quite a few clipping issues with certain animations.

Anyway, timeless topper and slick's pimp hat, two of my most favourite community items from the workshop, definitely a good choice on those :)
Akuryou13 wrote:Made a set of D&D-inspired hats!

Let me know what you guys think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =174045645
Also cool, as for set items I really wanted to do one based on TF2 but with Heavy and Medic not wearing any hats by default I still don't know what hat from their repertoire to choose from to make people say "Yes, that definitely is our favourite fat, bold and Russian mercenary from TF2!". Oh well. Stupid game not letting me edit the worms' shapes. Maybe I'll just make the Scientist the Engineer with his distinct goggles, though the primary ability of the scientist worm definitely is healing.

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Thurbo wrote:Also cool, as for set items I really wanted to do one based on TF2 but with Heavy and Medic not wearing any hats by default I still don't know what hat from their repertoire to choose from to make people say "Yes, that definitely is our favourite fat, bold and Russian mercenary from TF2!". Oh well. Stupid game not letting me edit the worms' shapes. Maybe I'll just make the Scientist the Engineer with his distinct goggles, though the primary ability of the scientist worm definitely is healing.
Yeah, but the Scientist is a passive healer. The Engineer also does that. I think you could pass them both off. The Medic is a better choice, sure, but the engineer could do in a pinch.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Yeah the Scientist worm definitely strikes me more as an Engie given his active role is more focused on placing Sentries/Magnets.
As for the Heavy, the ammo belt might work, or possibly a Sandvich trinket.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Thurbo

Post by Thurbo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:39 pm

SupSuper wrote:Yeah the Scientist worm definitely strikes me more as an Engie given his active role is more focused on placing Sentries/Magnets.
His passive healing role is quite overwhelming though, it even cures poison. If there's no sentry in the respective scheme you don't even get to place one anyway.

I'll be going with the Engie's hard hat and goggles but only because it looks better than Medic's hair or something, I and probably everyone else is primarily using Scientist's for the extra health :P
Akuryou13 wrote:Yeah, but the Scientist is a passive healer. The Engineer also does that. I think you could pass them both off. The Medic is a better choice, sure, but the engineer could do in a pinch.
Oh right.