Worms Clan Wars

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Post by Worm Mad » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:34 pm

So, apparently, one of the customisation options is...
being able to change your weapon panel to the various iterations of the weapons panels that Worms games of yore have had throughout the years
(from here - http://thegamershub.net/2013/07/worms-c ... s-preview/)

Which is a little strange but I guess a nice option, nonetheless. I do feel that the key factor in all of this is how the game plays, though (will the tweaks have gone far enough?). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Mr Phillby

Post by Mr Phillby » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:01 pm

This looks better than Revolution, but I'm not sold quite yet.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 pm

In all fairness, it'd be really hard for it to be actively worse than Revolution, given it's just Revolution 2.0. :P
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:05 pm

SupSuper wrote:In all fairness, it'd be really hard for it to be actively worse than Revolution, given it's just Revolution 2.0. :P
I was sold, but to be safe, I'm going to wait for some good reviews about the game from people who bought it first before I buy it.

MonkeyforaHead

Post by MonkeyforaHead » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm impressed they're finally adding usermade hat and grave support. Would have been nice, say, eight years ago, but it's something.

Now I wonder when they're going to stop cranking out DLC packs for weapons and stage themes and just add workshop support for those as well. Probably never, but I can dream.

The clans thing seems like kind of a neat idea too, as long as the community isn't dead in the water inside of the first couple months which will also undoubtedly be marred by horrible bugginess. I know I wouldn't mind the idea of a clan centered around the old forumites, might actually get me playing a bit more.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:46 pm

It's available for preorder now for $24.99/£18.99/€22.99 (-25% off if you have Worms Revolution).
You also get a copy of Worms Revolution and obligatory mcguffins for preordering. Surprised to see it's already coming out in 3 weeks, they sure crank them out fast.
MonkeyforaHead wrote:Now I wonder when they're going to stop cranking out DLC packs for weapons and stage themes and just add workshop support for those as well. Probably never, but I can dream.
There's no DLC planned for this one.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:13 pm

I must know one more thing Team17! Can you make and download custom voice packs from the steam workshop? I MUST KNOW!
EDIT: Seems like Strategy Informer confirms this:
Levels, speech banks, items, outfits, even missions for the game's robust new LittleBigPlanet-style single-player game can be easily created and shared with everyone on Steam.
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/23 ... rt-instead

Also yeah, I was rather surrised too. I was still thinking it'd at least another month.

I maaay go ahead and pre-order this one, since the 25% off might be a good deal, however it might go on sale for even more after the release. I don't know.

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 am

Those backgrounds look so cluttered.. I'd take some nice gradient color and subtle background shapes any day.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:11 pm

65 Weapons and Utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Raygun, Aqua Pack and The Equilizer
Team 17... Bovine Blitz was in W4:M... That was 7 years ago, and yet they say it is a "new" weapon...

Also I have decided to pre-order this game.

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Xinos wrote:Those backgrounds look so cluttered.. I'd take some nice gradient color and subtle background shapes any day.
Seriously. What ever happened to clarity in design?? So many games these days just hurl visual information like it's a contest. Old games worked just fine without all the extra polygons and crap in the way everywhere, why do we need to add so much more just because we can now? Use what you need and skip the rest.

Alien King
Regular

Post by Alien King » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:14 pm

My immediate criticism isn't so much the background clutter, but that it doesn't immediately differentiate itself from the foreground; it's non-trivial to separate terrain and background.
Actually, scratch that. In some instance it's downright difficult if you don't already know what a typical worms map looks like.

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:45 am

Alien King wrote:My immediate criticism isn't so much the background clutter, but that it doesn't immediately differentiate itself from the foreground; it's non-trivial to separate terrain and background.
Actually, scratch that. In some instance it's downright difficult if you don't already know what a typical worms map looks like.
Well, alright, that's more my complaint as well. The point being that visual simplicity is essential. Doesn't matter how many things are on the screen, it should still be easy to tell what's relevant to your gameplay, and what's window-dressing.

Alien King
Regular

Post by Alien King » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 am

Akuryou13 wrote:
Alien King wrote:My immediate criticism isn't so much the background clutter, but that it doesn't immediately differentiate itself from the foreground; it's non-trivial to separate terrain and background.
Well, alright, that's more my complaint as well. The point being that visual simplicity is essential. Doesn't matter how many things are on the screen, it should still be easy to tell what's relevant to your gameplay, and what's window-dressing.
Sure.
But you could keep the clutter by simply making it faded (which everyone achieves by making it blue ;) ). It'd look terrible, because it's still a cluster-fuck of random shit, but at least it no longer interferes with gameplay, unless you're distracted by aesthetic abominations.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:16 pm

So I pre-ordered Worms Clan Wars.

Great, now I've got an extra copy of Worms Revolution, what am I supposed to do with it? EDIT: One of my friends actually wanted it. It turns out that Revolution is worth 4 keys on the TF2 market, so there's another way you can get rid of that extra copy.

I'm still wondering why it isn't featured on the front page yet. I guess they gave up on doing that after Worms Revolution.
Last edited by Star and Moon on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 am

Yeah the Steam forums are having a field day.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 pm

So there appears to be a trailer for it on youtube, with gameplay and stuff. Only problem is I'm not entirely sure it's official, but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHcsK_xKZ1Y

Ulrox

Post by Ulrox » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 pm

first post and probably last post on this forum... Rope like in worms armageddon from 1999... confirmed not confirmed? :)

Alien King
Regular

Post by Alien King » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Very unlikely.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Ulrox wrote:first post and probably last post on this forum... Rope like in worms armageddon from 1999... confirmed not confirmed? :)
They've mentioned a Teleport gun, a utility that is said to be for old WA ropers, though I'm not sure how it works.

KRD

Post by KRD » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 am

T17 haven't as much as come into contact with an old WA roper since... well, since before said roper could legitimately call himself old. :P