Worms Clan Wars

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Akuryou13
Settled in

Re: Worms Clan Wars

Post by Akuryou13 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:03 pm

_Kilburn wrote:The game is definitely going to be good though. It's a big improvement over Revolution.
Let me ask this, then: I've played near enough every worms game out there. The last bunch have been pitiful. Is this next one "a big improvement over Revolution" or is it actually good? Is it actually an experience comparable to the old games where I could legitimately have fun with all my friends? because the last few have not been that.

Ulrox

Post by Ulrox » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:35 pm

ok, another question... if you can design your own items in worms clan wars, whats to stop some awesome people from modding the old ninja WA rope into the game ? ;)

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Akuryou13 wrote:Let me ask this, then: I've played near enough every worms game out there. The last bunch have been pitiful. Is this next one "a big improvement over Revolution" or is it actually good? Is it actually an experience comparable to the old games where I could legitimately have fun with all my friends? because the last few have not been that.
I'm not sure I'm really well placed to tell you that. I've always played Worms more for the singleplayer campaign than for the multiplayer and in my opinion this one is way superior to Revolution when it comes to the missions. Multiplayer feels fine to me, to be honest I've played so many rope schemes in WA that I can't seem to enjoy standard schemes anymore, so I wouldn't be able to tell if the multiplayer experience is actually good or not. But I think I actually enjoyed playing with everyone in the beta.
Ulrox wrote:ok, another question... if you can design your own items in worms clan wars, whats to stop some awesome people from modding the old ninja WA rope into the game ? ;)
Haha that'd be too good, did you think they'd let you mod the weapons as well? That'd be too much trouble, only cosmetic items can be designed, if everyone could design their own weapons it would be a huge mess. :P

Ulrox

Post by Ulrox » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:25 pm

_Kilburn wrote: Haha that'd be too good, did you think they'd let you mod the weapons as well? That'd be too much trouble, only cosmetic items can be designed, if everyone could design their own weapons it would be a huge mess. :P
It would just be like worms 2 :D

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:34 pm

So is anyone up for a Dream17 clan? I posted a discussion in the steam group but nobody replied...

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 pm

We'll probably have to level up a lot before we can fit anyone. :P
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:06 am

SupSuper wrote:We'll probably have to level up a lot before we can fit anyone. :P
Well, duh, all clans have to do that. I guess some of us are just going to have to be patient while the clan peoples fight and work on leveling up.

Besides, I'm sure not all of us here will own the game for a while anyway. It'll all work out in the end.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05mideJdlQ#at=112

They're showing off Steam Workshop integration. Looks like our beta testers are already at work shipping out new cool customization items such as a Worms Armageddon box (1:41), Splapp's Sword (1:43), Slick's Pimp Hat (1:44) and the Saiyan Scouter (1:50)!

Soo looking forward to this feature!

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Splapp's Sword and Slick's Pimphat. That is freakin awesome!

I'll be able to manage the black headband, but I'm going to miss my Gi... :(

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm going to try to get into 3D modeling. In Wings 3D, just messing around with it I was able to create Star's Helmet. I just gotta figure out how to texture it and also I gotta proportion it to the Worm Model(s) (which I don't have).
Last edited by Star and Moon on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Whoah, my items are in there! :o

I wanted to do Zeor's helmet as well but that thing is so damn hard to model. I'm planning to make more items inspired by popular sigworms though, maybe after the game is released. :P

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 am

_Kilburn wrote:Whoah, my items are in there! :o

I wanted to do Zeor's helmet as well but that thing is so damn hard to model. I'm planning to make more items inspired by popular sigworms though, maybe after the game is released. :P
beat me to it, or I'll make it myself.

On that note, though, can we legally include that hat into the game?

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:19 am

Akuryou13 wrote:
_Kilburn wrote:Whoah, my items are in there! :o

beat me to it, or I'll make it myself.

On that note, though, can we legally include that hat into the game?
I think it's alright since it isn't actually part of the released game, but who knows...

I blame Zeor's Un-creativity.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:17 am

Is anyone looking at coordinating people together for the pre-purchase 4-pack? I haven't been able to get anyone interested so far, not that I'm desperate to save $4.68.
x_+

Akuryou13
Settled in

Post by Akuryou13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:33 am

Bloopy wrote:Is anyone looking at coordinating people together for the pre-purchase 4-pack? I haven't been able to get anyone interested so far, not that I'm desperate to save $4.68.
I'll join you in that. I'm happy to save what money I can where I can, and willing to give this worms a shot.

Ulrox

Post by Ulrox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 am

Bloopy wrote:Is anyone looking at coordinating people together for the pre-purchase 4-pack? I haven't been able to get anyone interested so far, not that I'm desperate to save $4.68.
Hey Bloopy, I loved playing your maps back in 2002 in worms world party :D

Thurbo

Post by Thurbo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:05 pm

And then u shood use the mission editor to retell the story of how Splapp finally gets his eye back C:

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 am

Akuryou13 wrote:I'll join you in that. I'm happy to save what money I can where I can, and willing to give this worms a shot.
Will have to give up on the 4-pack idea I think, can't get anyone else interested!
x_+

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 pm

These are the pre-order bonuses!
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese hat. Perfect for Foodles.

Also I'm really digging that headphone hat.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:49 pm

CHEESE?!?!?!?!?!! ROFL
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!