What does this weapon icon mean/is?

For Boggy B and his mates. If they existed, of course.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

deimos-vd-plas

What does this weapon icon mean/is?

Post by deimos-vd-plas » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:47 am

The nuclear bomb in worms have a quite strange icon when the weapon selection is open, i mean this icon:

My question is, what is it? it's like a semi-cicular thing iwth a red button and a weird yellow background, i just want to know what it is, thanks :)

Zeor
Senior

Re: What does this weapon icon mean/is?

Post by Zeor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 am

I... think those are fins on the bottom, so it's just a really fat, weird-looking bomb facing warhead-up?
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 am

The yellow is an explosion, and I guess the yellow patches on the bomb represent rays of light pointing towards you. Take away the yellow, and you have a fat black bomb that's shaped like some actual nukes of days gone by, eg. the Mark 4.

It does look like a red button on top for detonating the device. Seems like a silly place to put it, unless you plan on having someone ride the bomb Strangelove-style. :P
x_+

deimos-vd-plas

Post by deimos-vd-plas » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Well, that explains a lot, and my question of all time since i met the second generation of worms is, why they changed that weapon? it's really the same thing, that icon looks even cooler than the indian nuclear test and does almost the same :P