Resident Evil 4 for the PlayStation2, and Resident Evil DS

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Resident Evil 4 for the PlayStation2, and Resident Evil DS

Post by Squirminator2k » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:33 am

Capcom have released two gameplay videos. The first noticeable thing is that, well, it's playable. The reduction in model quality is noticeable, but not from a distance. Leon's hair doesn't bounce about as it does in the GameCube version. The explosions are less impressive. The Laser Sight seems to be more visible. And the cutscenes seem to me as though they are pre-rendered FMV as opposed to being renderedin Real Time as they are in the Cube version. All in all, the game is graphically inferior to the Cube version. However there is a Bonus Chapter featuring
Ada from RE2, who also appears later in RE4 and, I believe, a Bonus DVD called
"Ada's Report". I'm not sure if I'll be buying it - it all depends on just how many Bonus Features there are. Ideally, I'd like to see a PC release as RE1, 2 and 3 have all seen "Special Editions" for the PC and it seems silly to stop now.

In addition to this, Capcom are porting the original Resident Evil to the Nintendo DS (subtitled "Deadly Science"). At the moment, it looks to be just a straight port with no frills, however as this is to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the original game on the PSone/Sega Saturn, chances are they will include some extras (as a side note, it's hard to believe Resi is the same age as Worms, as I didn't discover Resi until 1999).
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.