Positive Events and Occurrences 3.0

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Bloopy
Regular

Re: Positive Events and Occurrences 3.0

Post by Bloopy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 am

Switched on our old 1986 PC after just a quick dust off: IT WORKS BITCHES! Big middle finger to third millennium electronics there. It's a Super Star XT-6 made in Taiwan - an IBM XT clone which infringed on a patent or two.

This is the second computer program I ever wrote (in BASIC) when I was 10... "The Clown Show".

x_+

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:32 pm

That is magnificent.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:21 am

Unfortunately writing to the hard drive has stuffed it a bit now, but we can still play games on disks or maybe find a replacement. I was mainly interested in the obscure IBM collection of BASIC games and programs we had, including this sing-a-long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyh-57neUEY

There are copies on 3½" floppy disks, so I'll probably get an external USB drive to grab those.
x_+

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Had to move out of my apartment while major building repairs are going on, so living 623km away with parents for about 5 months. The positive part is that I successfully got all my furniture and appliances put in storage and then fitted the last of my other stuff into in my car (had already made several trips). I removed practically everything including blinds, screws from the wall, the basin plug and the dishwasher cutlery basket, although I left my toilet brush, oven trays and the dishwasher filter. And I'll still see my girlfriend about once a month or so! :oops:
x_+

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Fri May 29, 2020 1:36 pm

The above mentioned 5 months has blown out to 17 months so far, and I haven't seen my girlfriend in nearly 12 weeks. We planned to be apart for 6-7 weeks this time as we both had shit to deal with, but then COVID-19 showed up.

The positive thing is that COVID-19 is basically eradicated here and we'll organise something soonish.
x_+