Wormers we've lost contact with

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Xinos
Regular

Re: Wormers we've lost contact with

Post by Xinos » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 pm

K^2 was cool, but really all these people were from so long ago that it's hard to remember anybody well.

KRD

Post by KRD » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:07 pm

I guess over the years I've become most attached to the sort of people who tend not to just up and disappear, so I still have ways of contacting many of my old buddies, even those who haven't really been around in ages. But some honourable mentions that haven't come up in the thread so far are certainly in order, I do wonder what they're up to these days.

AcerBis & DaSandMan: The bickering brothers who kept WormNet so entertaining during the less populated US evening hours.
DaMoose (Johan Dahlberg I think, unless that was someone else): An awesome Swedish guy I shared my first WA clan with, moved to Australia like 10 years ago and I never caught wind of him again.
Dextah090 (Roger) & Krutgumman (Robin): What a duo. I'll never forget the time Krut convinced a good chunk of WormNet that korv was the Swedish word for nice, so for months everyone would go around complimenting each other's shots and skills with it. Lmao, good times.
Dodgymat, MrLee (Lee), Poo (another Ian), Run (James), Thorask (Niall), triX (Mark), WormZ (yet another Ian) & the rest of the CL2K gang: Funnest community I've ever been part of, it was for me what the T17 Forum was for so many of you here. Genuine human interactions, rivalries, secret societies, unceasing drama... it was the best home a youngster playing Worms could have wished for.
Dope (Martin), MPH (also Martin) & the rest of the OSW clan: Today's WA community isn't nearly as classy as it was when OSW was still going strong, boy did they boost the average.
LunaticAngel (Michael): WA's first exception to the rule saying that all Germans are evil. Nicest guy ever, guardian angel of the WwA clan. Hi Bloopy, get well soon.
Vader (Stef) & his COW brethren. Yes, even Cheech! Such a shame that him and Spectre weren't around to watch the T17 Forum die, I bet it would have all gone down a bit less morbidly if they had been. Vader's fan art style was also probably my absolute favourite, all things considered.
dig (Will), Dw33b (Ryan), Mashimaro (Scott), Skel (Gordy), vahagn (Christian) & the rest of the old SfX folks who don't come by anymore. I wish they did, I still think about them all the time.

By the way, we have a page on the WKB wiki that's served a similar purpose as this thread for the last half a decade or so. It's where I usually go for my blasts from the past, but it's not really kept too up to date anymore, so if this is the kind of thing you enjoy, feel free to fill in some of the details about any of the people that you might know stuff about or add those missing to the table. I'll get back to it eventually too, promise!

Muzer

Post by Muzer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 am

I'm not normally particularly bothered about prepositions at the ends of sentences, but for some reason, the one in this thread's title is really getting on my nerves...

Could we persuade Vader to join this forum if we tell him he can have his post count locked at 666?
With thanks to XxDangerxX and Aku 13 for the Av!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 am

I've got a swag of wormers friended on Facebook, but vahagn is the only one of them mentioned in this thread so far. SargeMcCluck done slurped my megaface out of his bookhurtz!
x_+

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I have sent a Public Service Broadcast to all forum members (apologies in advance to the active members that will also get it), maybe that'll wake up some of the older members out of their tombs.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Wassa prerp... preposition?

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:18 pm

SupSuper wrote:I have sent a Public Service Broadcast to all forum members (apologies in advance to the active members that will also get it), maybe that'll wake up some of the older members out of their tombs.
Whatever you sent last week I have seen no traces of it.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Have you checked the email address in your profile? I got it.
x_+

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Ev / Everett. I forget his handle, now. Something worm.

KRD

Post by KRD » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:14 am

FatWhitey? I loved that guy.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:58 am

IIRC he got too socially-awkward for the internet (ikr) and abandoned his online accounts, hope everything worked out for him.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:32 am

Yeah, he wasn't a bad guy, but he... he was... different.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 pm

I liked his moody thing. He'd have made a great goth.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 pm

He was interesting. Definitely a little on the awkward side but his heart was in the right place. He just wanted to make friends. Can't fault that in the end.

When I mentioned I was trying (and failing) to track down a copy of Final Fantasy VII for the PC way back in, I think, 2002, he mailed me his copy. In return I sent him a copy of the "Smashing... Live!" Super Smash Bros Melee orchestral soundtrack that was attached to that month's issue of the UK's Nintendo Official Magazine.

The last I heard from him was back in, I think, 2007, when he sent me a copy of Oblivion: Collector's Edition for the PC because he'd ended up with two by mistake. He vanished shortly after that.

I often wonder what happened to him. I do hope he's doing alright.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 pm

I can't say I have the best memories of FatWhitey. I used to help him with his writing when he wanted to post reviews on mobygames, etc. The reviews he'd written were often so garbled that I'd have to pretty much rewrite them. I didn't have a problem helping him with those but then he became kind of stalkerish/clingy to the point where I didn't want to log-on to MSN (I didn't mind talking to him but didn't want to talk to him all the time). Anyway, that was annoying but well-meaning enough. Unfortunately, he later became rude/abusive, which was when I decided to cut all ties with him.

That being said, I still hope he's alright. He clearly had issues - hopefully he found a way to deal with them.
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.