PC Games

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

FW
Former Staffmember

PC Games

Post by FW » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:58 pm

What upcoming PC games are you looking forward to?

My list consists of: The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Worms 4: Mayhem, Dungeon Lords, Guild Wars
Last edited by FW on Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeHeadedMonkey

Re:

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:31 pm

I'm not really following the latest developments anymore. But I'll probably check out the Doom 3 expansion when that comes out (in a few days, I think).

Scarface

Post by Scarface » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:54 pm

My top ones at the moment are: Max Payne, Flight Simulator 2004 and The Sims 2. Im planning on buying a few more though just as soon as I get paid, Doom 3, Counter Strike, and Half - Life 2 are at the top my list!

xpresschok

Post by xpresschok » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:13 am

Still waiting for Sam & Max: Freelance Police. Not to mention Monkey Island 5, or a worthy point-and-click sequel to Full Throttle... :)

From Team17, the "most awaited" award probably goes to Alien Breed 2004 and SuperFrog 2.

In other news, Team17 releases Alien Breed 3D II source code on Aminet; porting ensues.

Nah, it's all dreams. :)
Please don't feed the grues.

Alex
Settled in

Post by Alex » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:26 am

xpresschok wrote:Still waiting for Sam & Max: Freelance Police.
I believe another company (made of ex Lucasarts employees) bought the rights to it. I'm not sure, but Lucasarts confirmed that they bought the rights to a game that was a point 'n' click, and starred "Animals from a previous game you are all familiar with" or some such. So everyone assumed the previous game was Sam & Max Hit the Road.

^^ CURSE YOU PHPBB!

xpresschok

Post by xpresschok » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Alex wrote:I believe another company (made of ex Lucasarts employees) bought the rights to it. I'm not sure, but Lucasarts confirmed that they bought the rights to a game that was a point 'n' click, and starred "Animals from a previous game you are all familiar with" or some such. So everyone assumed the previous game was Sam & Max Hit the Road.
I think you'll find that the company you're thinking of would be "Bad Brain" who had nothing to do with the original development team. They reportedly tried to buy the license but according to them the deal fell through at the last moment (while many disgruntled fans suspect it was just a ploy to pull attention to their other projects). The original development team reappeared as Telltale Games, and they have expressed an interest in their second adventure title being the very Sam & Max they left unfinished at LucasArts, but they have yet to show that they are in negotations for the rights. However, LucasArts rights to the characters have expired or is about to expire shortly, which leaves it up to cartoon creator Steve Purcell to decide who gets the rights next.
Please don't feed the grues.

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:39 pm

I'm not really looking forward to any upcoming PC Games, since I'm more of a Console Gamer.
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:22 am

The only thing I can think of is Worms 4: Mayhem, and that up-coming Alien Breed title they're toating about that isn't AB2K4. Oh, and that other sequel they're working on.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

Alex
Settled in

Post by Alex » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:28 am

xpresschok wrote: I think you'll find that the company you're thinking of would be "Bad Brain" who had nothing to do with the original development team. They reportedly tried to buy the license but according to them the deal fell through at the last moment (while many disgruntled fans suspect it was just a ploy to pull attention to their other projects). The original development team reappeared as Telltale Games, and they have expressed an interest in their second adventure title being the very Sam & Max they left unfinished at LucasArts, but they have yet to show that they are in negotations for the rights. However, LucasArts rights to the characters have expired or is about to expire shortly, which leaves it up to cartoon creator Steve Purcell to decide who gets the rights next.
No, I was on about Telltale Games - My mistake was that I thought they had gone further than just expressing an interest in Sam & Max. Cheers for clearing it up though.

^^ CURSE YOU PHPBB!

FW
Former Staffmember

Post by FW » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:48 am

Can't decide to buy either Dungeon Lords or Guild Wars first.

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:35 am

To be perfectly frank, I'd get Dungeon Lords. Not that I *will* get it, I don't have the money. But it looks the more original of the titles in my opinion.
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

FW
Former Staffmember

Post by FW » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:11 am

Pooka wrote:To be perfectly frank, I'd get Dungeon Lords. Not that I *will* get it, I don't have the money. But it looks the more original of the titles in my opinion.
Hmm, your suggestion and advice is wise. Yet I'm having difficulty to choose still.

KennyTornado
Settled in

Post by KennyTornado » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:33 pm

The only game I'm looking forward to is, of course, Worms4 Mayhem. This game will rock. :D
"Well here is Kenny Tornado in his purple goodness." by Alien King on DA.

http://e-102worma.deviantart.com/

FW
Former Staffmember

Post by FW » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:27 am

KennyTornado wrote:The only game I'm looking forward to is, of course, Worms4 Mayhem. This game will rock. :D
Indeed it will, which is why I'll be ordering it from Team17's shop. Am too lazy to fully await the official release date for North America :wink:

EDIT: Now I'm looking forward to Myst V: End of Ages and still Worms 4: Mayhem

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:19 pm

xpresschok wrote:Still waiting for Sam & Max: Freelance Police. Not to mention Monkey Island 5, or a worthy point-and-click sequel to Full Throttle... :)

From Team17, the "most awaited" award probably goes to Alien Breed 2004 and SuperFrog 2.

In other news, Team17 releases Alien Breed 3D II source code on Aminet; porting ensues.

Nah, it's all dreams. :)

Sorry this is an old topic. Just wanted to express my opinion here. Full Throttle is by far my favorite PC game. Just pure class from start to finish. Wish Lucasarts would get into gear and release more quality graphic adventures. Dunno bout anyone else but I'd much rather play a new FT, Sam & Max, Monkey Island (not like the 4th though) or anything of that quality. Can't stand flashy PC games like Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, I'd rather spend my time using the ScummVM program and play some well written, humorous adventures. Which is odd since I love non-stop action usually.

Run
Fan of Excellence

Re: PC Games

Post by Run » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:51 pm

FW wrote:What upcoming PC games are you looking forward to?
To be honest, I haven't really got any in my sights. In fact I've not been paying attention to the game industry for quite a while now, but there are some games that have already come out which I've been enjoying (Children of the Nile should arrive soon, after a funful demo play)

The great thing is that, by lagging behind the rest of civilisation by a few years, I can make considerable savings on hardware and software due to tumbling prices, without comprimising the amount of enjoyment I get.
Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law"

Vader
Settled in

Post by Vader » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Dungeon Siege 2

Dofus ;)
-------666-------
Brraaaaiiiinnss
-------666-------

Alex
Settled in

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:50 pm

I'm not. World of Warcraft is all I need (I could play it all day every day, although I don't). Been playing it since mid beta which is over a year and I still love it. Definitely the best MMO I've ever seen.

I may get Oblivion at some point.

As for Worms 4, I can't see me buying it. Not because I'm worried it'll suck or WormNET will suck, but because I'm just not a wormer anymore. I can't remember the last time I was asked for a game of worms.

^^ CURSE YOU PHPBB!

Vader
Settled in

Post by Vader » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:36 pm

Since when is DS MMO?

If I want to play an MMO then I'll play WoW. If I want a good single player and/or multiplayer RPG then I'll play DS. They're different games in the same genre and neither is better than the other.

Besides which I play on a dodgy free serve with an incomplete database so WoW is a bit pants at times lol
-------666-------
Brraaaaiiiinnss
-------666-------

Alex
Settled in

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:01 pm

Vader wrote:Since when is DS MMO?

If I want to play an MMO then I'll play WoW. If I want a good single player and/or multiplayer RPG then I'll play DS. They're different games in the same genre and neither is better than the other.

Besides which I play on a dodgy free serve with an incomplete database so WoW is a bit pants at times lol
If I was replying to you I'd have quoted you. I was just answering the first post. :P

And playing on free servers sucks, you don't get the new features at the right time, nor the huge community. Play it properly! :p

^^ CURSE YOU PHPBB!