Negative Events and Occurrences 3.0

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Re: Negative Events and Occurrences 3.0

Post by SupSuper » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:19 am

Got hit by the shittiest flu at the worst possible time. And it's summer! Ugh...
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 am

My dog Shadow (11 years old - would be going on 12 this September) has dealt with chronic kidney failure over the last two years.
Well today of all days - it seems that he has reached the last stage of his kidneys shutting down. So will be talking to the vet when they open in the next few hours to confirm what I'm pretty sure is the case.
Kidney failure pretty much poisons him until he gets extremely sick and dies a miserable death - were looking at probably putting him down today.
I cannot stress on how bad of a freaking wreak I am right now ...
If you can read this....you're not blind.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear that slick.

Anyway, a few days ago I was picking weeds, and afterwords I forgot to wash my hands, and now I have bad rashes everywhere Q~Q

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Slick wrote:My dog Shadow (11 years old - would be going on 12 this September) has dealt with chronic kidney failure over the last two years.
Well today of all days - it seems that he has reached the last stage of his kidneys shutting down. So will be talking to the vet when they open in the next few hours to confirm what I'm pretty sure is the case.
Kidney failure pretty much poisons him until he gets extremely sick and dies a miserable death - were looking at probably putting him down today.
I cannot stress on how bad of a freaking wreak I am right now ...
This has happened to me too this year. I already experienced the freak out last autumn when we thought she wasn't going to make it. I think she was 14 or 15, quite old for a golden/lab. She had trouble walking due to an inflamation that wouldn't go away and couldn't get up so we took her in to the vet thinking she might not come back home with us. But miraculously she picked herself up again at the vet's office and seemed fine. Still a absolutely terrible day, because you knew she wouldn't be fine forever. I wasn't around the day she actually got so bad they had to take her in again, and I was called afterwards. It was definitely much easier for some reason. It's the anticipation and emotional buildup that gets you I think. I miss that mutt :(

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Post by worMatty » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 am

Sorry to hear that, Slick. Take care, bud.

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:09 am

I'm very very sorry to hear that Xinos :(
Yes it's been a emotional ride through hell and back dealing with all of this.
We scheduled to go and put him down at 1130 yesterday - but before it all happened he kept the food he ate down and was drinking water again and really perked up.
So we canceled the appointment to do it and Shadow thankfully is still with us.
I mean he isn't throwing up all the time and acting super sick right now and it was more or less an episode. We talked to the get and it might be him having an allergic reaction to his food.
So we're tring a new diet and since he still enjoys walks, playing, and going for rides in the car and isn't miserable all the time we feel its not as bad as what we had thought. But when the time does come which could, according to the vet be in weeks - hell let us know.
Geeze it's been a miserable experience.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 am

Just got back from a vacation, which was great, but somebody should tell my lungs, which have been all too happy to remind me of that asthma that's been pretty under control for the past 15 years or something and decided to show up and kick my ass over the course of this week. I do not look forward to getting the bill from the Long Island emergency room I had to visit.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:43 am

I just got my braces on yesterday. That could be viewed as good news in a sense, but I'm not really looking forward to spending the next few days with my mouth all sore from not quite being used to the braces yet.

Alien King
Regular

Post by Alien King » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 pm

The number of fillings I have tripled last Friday.

Although I got my own back on the dentist by getting water everywhere when I tried to rinse my mouth out! :P

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Alien King wrote:...
Although I got my own back on the dentist
I'm trying but this does not compute.

Alien King
Regular

Post by Alien King » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm

To "get your own back" is to get revenge.

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks, I never heard that expression.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:09 am

Skin allergies / dermatitis / dry skin. Seems I was brewing an allergy to moisturisers, and around the start of August it went full retard. Now I have to try and find the right balance between letting my skin go dry and irritating, and using products that can make my skin even more dry and more irritating (either because they cause allergic reactions, or because their effect is only temporary). It's hard to know what's helping when it takes time to recover too. :| I wonder if I'll notice any difference once I'm off the aspirin.
x_+

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 am

That sucks. You might want to move to a more humid climate.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm not sure if I've ever been this depressed in my entire life.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Zeor wrote:I'm not sure if I've ever been this depressed in my entire life.
Really sorry to hear that bud. I hope you know it's not a permanent condition and that you're trying to fight it. Talk to people about it. I don't know what advice I can give, except try to notice all the small things in life that you enjoy. Every moment has something positive in it, try to pay attention to those. You want to avoid over thinking everything when all your thoughts are negative. Fake happiness until it becomes real, your brain is easier to trick than you think.

For me, my mood is quite connected to season. When it starts getting dark around here in October I feel so much slower. It's like I become slightly senile or get ADD during the winter, I make more stupid mistakes and my short term memory is terrible. It could just be a mixture of atmospheric low pressure, darkness, lack of sleep and constantly catching colds, but it really affects me, and I'm probably going to be like this until February. But you know, gotta soldier on, can't let negativity win. :)

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Yeah. Seems like whenever I really try to figure out what's worth living about life, I keep coming back to "it really is the little things."

I'm not sure if I mentioned this around here or the old forum, but I'm pretty sure my depression is of the clinical sort, which is to say it might actually be kind of permanent. Or, well, I mean, I guess it's considered not exactly curable, but sure it can be mitigated. I just need to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with myself in life, which is something I've frankly never had a clue about. It's become pretty apparent that I should basically never, ever trust another god damn human being with anything, though. I really felt close with someone for maybe a month before it became apparent that said person was just taking advantage of and using me for various purposes. Hooray. People.

I mean I'm really winning the depression Olympics over here. I probably could have just slept for about 14 straight hours if I wanted. But I've fought on through it before, and will continue to do so, I guess. Holding out hope that I can start turning myself around whenever I get a real job.

Thanks, man.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:24 pm

I agree that figuring out what the hell to do in life is the key. I hope you find a path that leads to that!

The things I enjoy most are the things that feel like personal achievements, whether big or small. My full-time job and procrastinating get in the way, but luckily I also enjoy just thinking about achieving things. :?
x_+

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:25 am

A full-time job that doesn't lead to a brain-frying, time-erasing existential hell will be an accomplishment for me.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:02 am

Well my dog Shadow died actually just two days after my last post on this page. Sucks right?
Very very much so. Still deal with grieving at random times....
I have also lost since then one grandmother and about four other people besides her I was close to in my life in 2013.
Sunday I just lost a grandfather who was very very sweet and kind and loving.
Starting off 2014 strong I guess :(
I'm really sick of death...
Besides feeling like my friends and family is being picked off one by one I also lost my job and had to move in with family. Which is nice yes, but when your married it makes things harder...
Having a duplex and then moving just about everything into storage sucks and only having a tiny bedroom. Augh...
With all the holidays and all that bogus crap it's been impossible to find work.

It's so cold we have ice growing inside and outside our windows. My throat always hurts.

I honestly don't know who or what I am and what I'm doing with life anymore. Being married and unsure makes things rocky from time to time too...

Ffffffffffffffffff
Zeor wrote:A full-time job that doesn't lead to a brain-frying, time-erasing existential hell will be an accomplishment for me.
I'm with you there man... Although it's only small now, I've kinda started my own business that I'm testing out in my area. If it works out and grows maybe we could idk work together.