What are you dream1❼ng?

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Xinos
Regular

Re: What are you dream1❼ng?

Post by Xinos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:08 pm

I was just in LA for ten days over E3, and it felt like I had dreams about trains and transportation every night. Was really weird.
Most vividly was last night which was the first night back in my own bed, where I dreamed that I had left my suitcase on the train platform but I was running through all the carriages looking for it.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 am

This morning's dream was blessed with the presence of hardcore punk band Spiteful Urinator. They were the kings of a block-shaped squat building decorated with memories of their illustrious career through many lineup changes. They won a big trophy playing some gig at Vector Arena where the stage was a wrestling ring with appropriate cage. The dream then changed to a weaponised wrestling match held in the kitchen and living area of my childhood home. It was a 3-way match between The Giant/Big Show, some regular-sized dweeb, and racing car driver Tim Slade who'd animorphed into a python. I must've been the referee because I was getting right in there. Tim the Snake sliced across my forehead with piano wire, leaving a long flap of oddly thick skin dangling. It hardly bled at all and I carefully fitted it back into place. The dweeb nicked me on the chin with his knife as he stabbed Big Show. Big Show pulled out a bigger knife and stabbed him back, leaving Tim as the winner. My dream self fell unconscious and I had an in-dream out-of-body experience where my eyes were really huge. I held up my eyelid and saw a piece of lint on the underside that'd supposedly caused the itchy eye I had before I went to sleep, so tried to coax it out with my finger. The dream moved on to a story about a couple of astronaut trainees who'd fallen ill and would thus never graduate. I was amongst people visiting them in hospital. One guy was the colour of piss and about to die from liver failure. The other sick guy was silently stewing because everyone brought gifts for the dying guy and nothing for him.
x_+

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Your subconscious mind needs a TV show.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:53 am

Definitely. 8-) Maybe it could start with a Twitter handle and move up from there. It worked for ShitMyDadSays.

I could even charge for product placement. Sometimes I only have to glance at a photo for a person or thing to appear in my dream that night. The python came from a former work colleague's photo of herself holding a snake around her.
x_+

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:52 am

I dreamt I was at a Björk concert, but she had a rock band and they were mostly playing covers. They played Peter & The Test Tube Babies - Banned From The Pubs, and then what was supposedly a Neurosis song. Then they started covering the Auf Der Maur ft Glenn Danzig song, and it wasn't going so well because the woman singing Auf Der Maur's lines was jet lagged and delirious and talking shit. Björk radioed to the drummer to kick off the next bit of the song, and then she sang "after the abandoned potato tree" and I woke up because it was too silly.
x_+

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:23 am

Apart from the usual dreams about grocery shopping and concerts, I had a neat dream about rope racing in WA where you could tie the ninja rope in a bow and make it emit cute sound effects. :3
x_+

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:16 pm

I had a dream the other day that there was this bear in my home. And I was like "Oh, this bear is clearly dangerous. I'll throw all these salmon chunks out next to him as a distraction so I can get away."

In a shocking twist, the salmon chunks formed together and created a rabid zombie salmon which flew through the air and proceeded to attack me while the bear did nothing.

So yeah, that was weird. :P
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:59 pm

That's what you get for using videogame logic. :P
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Pickleworm

Post by Pickleworm » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:24 pm

i had a dream where i was in a big agway-style warehouse store looking at experimental seltzer waters. a lot of them had little ecosystems in them.

i picked up one called "to cut a ruby in another world" and it started narrating its purpose to me in the voice of dr. michael greger. it was the size and shape of a deck of cards

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:26 pm

I had a dream last night. My company had aquires the worms licence and we we took over a Worms 3D project that, but the assets were smaller so it looked like the 2D games from any angle. However, some of the shaders were shit, the water looked terrible and the code was a mess so nobody wanted to fix it.

Edit: I was just in a medieval battle where armored knights. All I did was try to hide :( Why are my my dreams not awesome?

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:54 am

I dreamt I was in a riot, people were throwing bottles and burning things at each other all over the part of town I was in. Tried to get back home and at the bus stop I realised my phone was gone, probably forgot it at the building I was in earlier. Tried to get my coworker to call it but he would just play with his phone instead of helping. We had been in a cabin earlier and I hoped to high heaven that my phone was there and not stolen by someone in the mob, I had to go back.

Pooka
Staff Writer

Post by Pooka » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:50 am

All my dreams recently have involved kisses.
Superfrog: the best things in life are green.

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Xinos wrote:I dreamt I was in a riot, people were throwing bottles and burning things at each other all over the part of town I was in. Tried to get back home and at the bus stop I realised my phone was gone, probably forgot it at the building I was in earlier. Tried to get my coworker to call it but he would just play with his phone instead of helping. We had been in a cabin earlier and I hoped to high heaven that my phone was there and not stolen by someone in the mob, I had to go back.
If you were a character in a movie, this is the point where the audience would be yelling "NO, YOU FOOL! DON'T GO BACK FOR YOUR PHONE!"
Pooka wrote:All my dreams recently have involved kisses.
This is more than I needed to know.
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:40 am

Bloopy wrote:Apart from the usual dreams about grocery shopping and concerts,
Last night I dreamt I was planning to buy a little house, which is ridiculous for two reasons: the housing market is insanely overpriced here, and I much prefer living in an apartment anyway. I was observing the intersections at either end of the road it was on. It had weird gates at one end (that were more like doors) for controlling traffic congestion. I'd also been scoping out the local grocery store. When I started shopping there a 2nd time, the guy working there recognised me and started telling me off for buying stuff because it meant he had to order it back into stock all the time. I said something like "is this really how you treat customers?" and kept on shopping. At first it seemed like a tiny store, but it turned out there was a huge area out the back with a separate video store and all kinds of crap. I looked for things I usually buy, and instead found weird seafood products that looked more like lizards, next to toys like giant dinosaur puzzles. I shared a joke with a woman looking at the dinosaur section, although I can't remember who actually said it or what it was. Eventually while looking at the shelf opposite I was pretty much able to will the type of item I was looking for into existence, but with that effort spent I think the dream bailed outta there.

One odd thing about this eternal dreamtime hunt for food is that the stores never look like the big supermarket I actually go to. They're usually made up of multiple small rooms.
x_+

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:41 am

This morning I dreamt about a new TV show starring Hugh Laurie. For some stupid reason it was called The Bachelor. I'm not sure if his role was as a doctor or a detective, but the episode was about a nanny/maid business. One of the maids was getting up to as much trouble as possible. Slashing clothes with scissors, throwing things around and breaking them. Keeping the kids up late and dressing them up as dolls for arty photos. Apparently the parents who hired the maid service were too dumb to figure out who was doing it. One of the other maids was singled out and all but accused for having had mental issues in the past. When the employees were all gathered in a room, she fainted. Hugh didn't do much apart from being in a study lined with bookshelves chatting with his buddy Wilson from House M.D. I didn't even consciously know that show had Sherlock Holmes references.

Another recently emerging theme in my dreams is being lost in parking garage/shopping mall buildings which may or may not be hosting music festivals at the time. Despite my work being nowhere near any such thing, I was parking at one and had to find a park further away than usual because it was so busy. I packed up a couple of my tyres in a backpack that must've had tardis abilities and suddenly there was a large booth next to my car. At first it looked like they were just selling movie tickets, but I edged closer knowing that there was nothing I could do to stop them from expanding into the parking ticket business. They charged me an anger-inducing price for parking there, and tried to charge me even more for coat-checking my backpack but I was having none of that. When I walked toward work I found myself walking through an outdoor music festival and bumped into someone I knew. I asked for directions to the exit. He had a friend with him who told me to follow her. She was wearing denim shorts so tiny that her butt crack was peeking out. She led me down a long flight of stairs to a small street which looked hopeful of leading to an exit, so I thanked her. Although she abandoned me at some vomit-ridden men's toilets as if she thought that's what I was looking for. I backed away from that and went into some tent or building where there was a guy and his son to talk to. They were cartoon people in the tall-headed style of Mr. Incredible or something like that, and apparently thought themselves a class above non-cartoony people. I'm not sure if they were deviously scheming something or just making loads of money from the festival, but I soon realised I was one of these cartoon people too and reasoned that that was why the woman had led me to the dirty toilets, as if that's how much she thought of me.

In yet another memorable dream, I was walking past a house with the front door open, when I looked inside and saw I guy I knew from school. Inside he had 2 PCs with crappy old screens side by side for gaming. We played a Worms-type game, but then we were in the game instead of just playing it. It was like a cross between battle race and capture the flag schemes. One team waited at the finish to try and stop the others from reaching it. It was nuts and fun and I'm sure there was all manner of silly tactics, but I just remember throwing golf balls.
x_+

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:06 am

This morning's dream was ridiculous to epic proportions. Not sure if it was fuelled by the looming change in my life, the heavy preceding dream about a family member being diagnosed with cancer (albeit curable), or the mince pie I ate yesterday. Anyway, there was a touristy bar with its garden area facing the base of a lush green mountain slope. Way at the top a massive river was pouring over into a waterfall and disappearing under the foliage. I thought it was the Amazon feeding into an aquifer or something like that, representing change. A small amount of the water was allowed to flow off the mountain and through the bar, carrying insects and large lizards with it. A talking green chameleon noticed I was holding a camera and asked me to take a photo of him with his friend. He kept floating closer to my feet, which made it hard to get it in focus. The bar was starting to get busier. A couple of kids asked me to take a photo of them with Al Gore, who'd also just walked in (shapeshifted?). Al faced away from the camera, and the kids seemed to want a photo with his back. I didn't get any email addresses to send the photos to. I asked Al if he knew the kids but he didn't, so I said I'd Tweet the photo to him. At the base of the mountain, rows of plastic bins with grate bottoms had appeared to divert more of the water underground. Someone informed an employee that their picnic basket had gotten trapped in one of these bins. The employees flicked a switch or something to dam up the water so the basket could be retrieved. Someone else then celebrated finding an unopened soda bottle in one of the bins. I could see that when the water was let go again, kids were gonna get rekt, so I went and sat on a bar stool out of its direct path to watch the carnage. Kids and blood were flung against glass folding doors which were only partially open. One girl smooshed her face against the glass thinking that would help, before being hit with another wave and breaking the glass with her face. A Scotsman outside told his kid off, yelling "if you can't handle Middle Earth, how are you gonna handle...", going on to say something about whatever sweet tourist attractions they were gonna hit up next. I had a backpack open in my lap and I was idly fiddling with something I had in it. A barmaid asked "are you playing ten-pin bowling?" and I made her repeat it, being too dumb in my dream state to associate it with the kids being bowled over like pins outside.

Climate change is real yo. :idea:
x_+

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm

The only thing more incredible than the dreams is your ability to recall them.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:55 am

It's a skill I've encouraged because of threads like this! Usually I think back over dreams as soon as I wake up, until I'm sure they'll stay memorised. Sometimes I just remember the number, eg. I'm sure I had three dreams worth remembering this morning. Then I have to do the hard thunks to get a single detail of each one to pop up and spark the remainder of the given dream. I still forget a few good ones.
x_+

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:23 pm

If I only was a morning person I would have a chance at writing down my dreams. But for the first half hour of being awake I simply hate doing anything.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Had an insanely varied, feature-length dream this morning. Unfortunately I can't remember all of it. First bit I recall is that I went out at night to be taught how to use a metal detector to find foreign metal objects in underground pipes. Apparently there were complaints about how we'd parked our vehicles on a curve. Next thing I remember in any detail was that I was going to be cooking dinner for my parents/family and maybe one or two of their friends. I was short on dishes so needed to run the dishwasher. I'd almost run out of powder. For some reason the powder needed to be loaded into an empty ice cream container. Unfortunately I didn't notice until it was too late that it had massive holes in the bottom, so the dishes weren't going to be very clean. I started something cooking in a bowl in the microwave, and I hadn't bothered drying the bowl or checking it for holes either. A stream of water was coming out under the microwave door. Later everyone was in the bathroom for some reason and I was trying to usher them out because I needed to pee. Someone rudely chose that moment to start having a shower. For some reason the pee receptacle was right outside the foggy shower door - the only thing blocking a golden shower scenario. At some point I looked outside or something and saw a large amount of tourists marching some sort of walking marathon. Most of them were naked. Later still I was driving in a motorway tunnel and encountered the tourists walking all over the road in the opposite direction. It soon transitioned into a pedestrian path and I was walking too, having to dodge a lot of naked bodies. Most of them were stopping to pose for photos with locals. Eventually I arrived at what seemed to be an airport and immediately bumped into a guy I knew at high school but haven't seen since. We chatted as he went over to get cash out of an ATM. I had to tell him to stop chatting as a queue was starting to form behind him. We went over to a food place. I was already carrying a soda I'd gotten elsewhere, so I checked that this place didn't sell the same brand as otherwise they'd see it in my hand and try to charge me for it. There was a big closed circle of people next to us and I couldn't see any of their faces. I interpreted them as being people from high school I've lost contact with (or was never really friends with anyway), because yet another guy from school came along and tried to join the circle, but got squeezed out. I saw his face and recognised him as someone I have stayed in touch with. Meanwhile, the first guy bought some biscuits that were half-decorated with icing and sprinkles and kinda shaped like ribbons tied in a bow. He had a wee moan about them not being quite what he expected, and the store clerk said they get them from another shop and sometimes they're a bit stale. But then the guy said he really wanted the ones made out of mango instead of biscuit. Apparently those actually existed and they were just out of them today. I chatted to the guy again and he asked me more about what I've been up to. By this point I think his face had changed to someone else I also haven't seen since high school. Every time I tried to tell him something, he finished my sentence, and my explanation for this was that he had a photographic memory of my Facebook posts. Haha!

Woah, that last scene came out longer than expected. Now I'm kinda relieved I didn't remember everything before it in such detail and have to type that out too. :P I guess I wasn't kidding when I thought my dreams were like feature-length films lately.
x_+