Forum Royale (Aka - The Forum Games)

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Forum Royale (Aka - The Forum Games)

Post by Worm Mad » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 am

d17forumroyaleroster.png
d17forumroyaleroster.png (306.8 KiB) Viewed 24596 times
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the 1st Annual Dream17 Forum Games! 23 D17 forum goers and one fictional frog will, over the next days and nights, take part - FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT - in a brutal, ruthless battle to the death! The tributes have been chosen, the teams have been picked, so give a warm welcome to this year's competitors! Who will win? Who will lose (their lives)? Place your bets now. Today, our heroes will sleep peacefully in the Capital's luxury hotel suite. TOMORROW, THE GAMES BEGIN!" - Joe K, Forum Games Host

Simulated using The Hunger Games Simulator: http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

worMatty
Chatroom Patriot

Re: Forum Royale (Aka - The Forum Games)

Post by worMatty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:07 am

No idea what this is but I'm happy to be included in it.

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:52 pm

"Oh ho ho! Did you see that? I guess he just couldn't RUN fast enough! Well done to worMatty for giving us an explosive start to the games! And nice to see some competitors working together. Of course, I'm sure it won't be long before they're slitting each other's throats but for now, it's heartwarming stuff!"
Attachments
d17forumroyale1.png
(375.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 pm

"Let the hunt begin! Poor, poor, Betong. He championed the cause of working together, only to find himself a victim of it. Pretty harsh of Super Frog, given that they're from the same District! I guess all those years in the wilderness drove him a little crazy.

Speaking of crazy, Sarge McCluck should have known better than to let Alien King live. Still, he'll know better next time...or, hm, I guess not.

Yes, it's a cold world out there, as Worm Mad figured out. What a bad sport, dying of natural causes and robbing us of all that fun!

Four down, twenty to go! They've made it through the day but we'll be back later to see if they can survive the night. Stay tuned! :D"
Attachments
d17forumroyale2.png
(372.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Haha oh my god this is great.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:47 pm

"Aww, humming, huddling, snuggling! For a moment, I thought I was watching the wrong channel. I mean, what is this? Bedtime for Babies? Thankfully, some of our competitors know what the night is really for - ENDLESS TERROR.

Let's start with Alien King, who just can't sleep. Rocking back and forth, the image of that man he killed burnt into his retina. Hahaha. Er, sorry, is my laughter inappropriate?

Then we have KRD destroying Slick's supplies. Pretty sneaky, KRD. Of course, stealing his supplies or killing him might have made more sense but hey - maybe you don't want to win! In which case, keep on doing what you do.

Cyclaws is the hero of the night, however, making S2k a delicious lasagne out of nuts, berries... AND POISON. Yes, Cyclaws doesn't sit around sobbing about the murders he's committed. He gets straight back on the horse and commits another! Let him be an inspiration to you all, competitors.

Sweet Dreams."

Glad you're enjoying it, Zeor, and (hopefully) worMatty! :)
Attachments
d17forumroyale3.png
(247.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:19 am

It's quarter after 1 in the morning on a Monday night, what do you want

(also yeah I figured the tablet out)

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 pm

"Hey, Games Fans! Wonder what Nutter and Pooka were talking about in today's thrilling update? We've got the recording right here!:

NUTTER: So, I've got this rash on my back.
POOKA: Yeah?
NUTTER: Yeah, and I was wondering if you could put some of this cream on it.
POOKA: Dude, I am not rubbing cream into your back.
NUTTER: Come on, man. I'd do it myself but I can't reach! It's really itching.
POOKA: ....Ugh, fine! But this is just between you, me, and that sinister figure leering at us from the treetops, okay?!

Seriously, guys? Ugh. You are the worst!"

Haha, great drawings, Zeor! :D Hopefully some of today's events will inspire you!
Attachments
d17forumroyale4.png
(248.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm

*Splapp looks up into the sky and starts to sing*
SPLAPP: Somewhere out there. Beneath the pale moonlight...
HK: *singing while stabbing Nutter* Someone's thinking of me...
NUTTER: And killing me toniiiight!
ALIEN KING: Someone out there...
BLOOPY: There's a ghost of a bear!
KRD & PAUL: So we'll huddle together
CLAWS: What will happen - ZEOR: Tomorrow - STAR & MOON: Out there?
MATTY: And even though I know that I am freezing here to death...
POOKA: I still think I might win 'cause I'm the best
ANDREW: And when the trees they speak to me and softly call my name...
SLICK: I can't help but wonder - maybe I have gone insaaaane!
ALL TOGETHER: Somewhere out there
We know you're watching us
So we'll sing for your pleasure
In the hopes that - you send us...
VADER: (brandishing his hatchet, grinning) Some stuuuuff!
Attachments
d17forumroyale5.png
(213.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 am

Hmm, I'm starting to think Paul's playing a different game.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Poor, poor Vader. He knew too much!
Hmm, I'm starting to think Paul's playing a different game.

He's a huddler, not a fighter!
Attachments
d17forumroyale6.png
(220.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:03 pm

That's weird, I was thinking of drawing "Vader tries to treat his infection" with Vader looking concerned with a knife sticking out of his head Splapp-style. I'll add that to my forthcoming bestseller, Prophetic MS Paint Doodles I Didn't Actually Do, Vol. I.

e: By the way I will assume Star & Moon and Slick both received their explosive devices from the same sponsor, with instructions to use them on each other.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:35 am

"It's getting pretty dark here at the Forum Games, and not just because it's night time!

Water way to go, Zeor, who splashes out of the games.

Blinx uses the old Sophie's Choice technique. He'd better be careful with that. Andrew tried it with Splapp then went insane and well... you can see what happened next.

And SuperFrog continues to terrify us as he mercilessly leaves Paul hanging around. The scallywag!

Join us tomorrow for more senseless violence! Until then, this has been your pal - Joe K!"

Man, is anyone who's actually following this thread still alive in the Games? :(

Star and Moon and Slick haven't killed each other. I guess S&M could have blown Alien King up but it doesn't seem like he would, given the circumstances. Any predictions on the winner yet, Zeor?
Attachments
d17forumroyale7.png
(167.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:42 am

Goodnight sweet Zeor... *keeps foot firmly in place*

Always knew KRD would be a good weapon to have in my inventory.
x_+

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:53 pm

"Nobody killed anyone today?! Come on, guys, I'm disappointed in you! Our audience is looking for a spectacle - a show! Slick's desperate attempts to find water are just annoying. Especially as Zeor found it so easily last night.

What...too soon?"
Attachments
d17forumroyale8.png
(161.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Well that's gotta be good for at least honorable mention in the category of terrifying deaths. :P
Worm Mad wrote:Any predictions on the winner yet, Zeor?
Well, Chief, I'm having a hard time formulating and expressing thoughts right now due to an onset of extreme pneumonia, but I have to say those Bloopy and Cyclaws guys both showed excellent strategy in deciding to unite against an obviously very powerful threat. They're both power players for sure, though I note Cyclaws is more prone to underhanded tactics than Bloopy, and that sort of karma's likely to catch up to you in a game like this. I wonder which one of them got the outstanding weapon I'm sure I must have been carrying.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Fri May 01, 2015 12:35 am

d17forumroyale9.png
d17forumroyale9.png (104.94 KiB) Viewed 24514 times
"Slick and Blinx deal out some death to unlucky KRD but besides that it's been a fairly peaceful day *sigh*

Wait... is Bloopy eating a bagel with caviar? I don't even get caviar and I'm the host of this thing! Grr."
Well that's gotta be good for at least honorable mention in the category of terrifying deaths.
Yeah, that was a pretty horrifying night what with that and SuperFrog hanging Paul. Both drowning and hanging are horrible anyway without one being carried out by two guys at once and the other being carried out by a formerly charming cartoon frog. Why, SF, WHY?! Used to be such a jolly guy...

Interesting theories, re: Bloopy and Cyclaws. Will they prove correct? Only time will tell! lol @ the comic too :D

TOMORROW: THE FEAST :o

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:52 am

In light of Zeor's passing, his closest foes wish to suggest that this game needs a checkpoint feature. Yes, checkpoints. )))I.m.a.g.i.n.e. .t.h.e. .p.o.s.s.i.b.i.l.i.t.i.e.s(((!111
x_+

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm

"The Feast - it sounds so lovely, doesn't it? Who wouldn't like a Feast? Well, I know I enjoyed it - less sure about our competitors.

District 7 show no mercy as they ruthlessly dispense of both Blinx and Cyclaws. Splapp's kill is particularly impressive - I guess he's branching out.

Slick shows no loyalty, as he kills District buddy Star and Moon. Still... maybe it was a tragic accident? Yeah, right.

Speaking of tragic accidents, Pooka should have probably looked where he was going. Still, at least his hero - SuperFrog - is still in the running.

Only five competitors left and TWO updates left for today. Are we nearing the final showdown?! Stay tuned!"

Guess Cyclaws karma really did catch up to him. And checkpoints? Everyone would keep reversing time. The battle would never end!
Attachments
d17forumroyale10.png
(103.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Fri May 01, 2015 5:26 pm

"I guess nobody was in the mood for any killing after the Feast? Shame."
Attachments
d17forumroyale11.png
(101.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet