WTL: Wormster Than Light

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Zeor
Senior

Re: WTL: Wormster Than Light

Post by Zeor » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:59 pm

Dohoho, that is wacky.

I'm all for space breakfast, though.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:50 am

Ship2Pickup1.png
Ship2Pickup1.png (55.62 KiB) Viewed 24535 times
Okay, simple enough. Rough 'em up a bit and wait for them to surrender. Simple enough, what could go wrong?
Wait, he did say "feel free to destroy my ship", right?
Oopsie.
On the plus side, says Beardy, we did manage to kill those pirates, so that's something positive, right?
The guy looks pissed.
Vader looks pleased.
Eh, could always use another hand on the ship.
Welcome to Hell our delightful crew. Let me just sort one thing out for you.
Much better.
Last edited by ViceroyOfMonteCristo on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:45 pm

"You ogres destroyed my livelihood. I have no choice but to submit to what I am sure will be a brief and violent life aboard this rickety deathtrap of yours."
"Welcome to the crew, Alien King."
"Wh- what? My name is T--"
"SPACE DENNY'S"

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Yes, yes, soon our crew will become an ARMY! Mwahahaha! :twisted:

Let's just hope Vader doesn't eat our brains in the meantime :o
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Ship2Pickup2.png
Ship2Pickup2.png (62.67 KiB) Viewed 24445 times
Just one more warp to go until our heroes reach their destination!
And of course Murphy's Law intends to start impeding the ship at every possible chance.
Mad, realizing just how close they are to finishing their journey, slowly regains enough level-headedness to convince everyone that fighting is just a waste of time. The bounty is collected and the ships go on their respectively merry ways.
Stopping at a shop to make sure they have enough fuel, in case something catastrophic happens, as things always seem to do when nearing the end of a quest.
Despite having a clear route to the exit, "Alien King", being a local, doesn't trust the simplicity of it and suggests they choose a detour in case of an ambush. Nobody really likes the idea, but at this point they're all understandably suspicious of their surroundings.
IT'S A REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY AMBUSH
ALIEN KING YOU IDIOT
Here they come, through the airlock. I sure hope Splapp is willing to tear that dagger out of his head in order to defend himself.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 am

Ship2Pickup2.png
Ship2Pickup2.png (62.67 KiB) Viewed 24419 times
Just as the intruders break into Splapp's room, the ship's Warp Drive successfully powers up, and Mad shifts the ship into gear, in a last-ditch effort to reach the exit.
Oh hey, would you look at that Alien King was right about the ambush.
NOW ISN'T THE BEST TIME THOUGH PEOPLE.
Splapp takes a savage beating by the intruders and runs to the medbay to heal up, while Vader heads up to the weapon room to see what all the commotion is.
He is then, as punishment for his curiosity, pummeled violently by three random guys until he becomes dead.
Oh good, a hull breach. Just what we needed, three guys with guns and a distinct lack of oxygen should really help the ship get its warp drive ready quickly. Mad leaves his piloting post to help fight off the intruders and Alien King is on his way.
Alas, just as soon as he joined the crew Alien King met his demise, being beaten to death by a bunch of space pirates. Well, still a better option than having been on his ship when our team of protagonists "accidentally" blew it up.
Our ship is back down to its original inhabitants.
Just in case the drain of oxygen from the hull breach wasn't exciting enough, the space pirates decide that the oxygen production room needs to go as well. To make things interesting though, they've not only disabled it via conveniently forceful explosion, but also caused a hull breach in that room as well! How grand!
Our heroes finally manage to dispatch the intruders just as everything becomes absolutely terrible. The engines are destroyed, the amount of oxygen in the ship is rapidly decreasing, the medbay isn't functional, and they're still being fired upon by pirates. With nobody manning the weapons systems, nearly every shot on the enemies completely misses. Then again, everyone seems to be more focused on not suffocating at this point.
Unfortunately, Mad fails at this task and suffocates. Not like him being in the medbay would've helped, since not only is it broken but also there's a giant gap into space inside the room. The vacuum quickly pulls his wiggly corpse out of the ship like a... well, vacuum.
Oh look, now Beardy's dead too. He suffocated as well, in the exact same place. Unfortunately, looks like nobody knew the medbay was disabled and also a door into nothingness.
The small amount of air Splapp has left in the weapons room isn't going to last him long enough to destroy the enemy ship, so he needs to work quickly to get oxygen flowing again!
Splapp enters the oxygen room and promptly and ironically dies of a very serious lack of oxygen. He is then also pulled into space.
Coincidentally enough, right before the 3 take their final breaths, they all have the same, tragic thought:
"Denny's wasn't worth this."
END OF TIMELINE 3

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:04 am

Wooow. :P

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Aww :(

I blame Alien King for this! :x
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Always fun to see someone fail right before their goal...

I volunteer to be in the next timeline, please! I want to die in space too! :D