WTL: Wormster Than Light

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Re: WTL: Wormster Than Light

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 am

Ship1SecondCasualty.png
Ship1SecondCasualty.png (50.73 KiB) Viewed 31993 times
Immediately after jumping, they encounter resistance. "I thought this was supposed to be the Friendly sector..." Zeor mutters. "Dang robots." In a twist of dramatic irony, Zeor is completely unaware that his design is based on a robot.
As he runs off to man the shield systems, the Camera Room is hit by a plasma blast. Sure mate, just RUN PAST THE FIRE. No problem.
Zeor's hurt, but he's almost got the fire under control! Oh by the way watch out for that laser that's about to hit you.
HOLY HELL WAS THAT CLOSE. So long as he can get to the Medbay quickly, Zeor should survive...
Oh. The fire spread to the Shield Room. Zeor is no more.
Huntakilla, tragically unaware of her comrade's passing, successfully destroys the Rebel ship by herself.
"AH GODS EVERYTHIN'S ON FLIPPIN FOIAH" Huntakilla yells as she rushes to the Shield Room to extinguish fires and repair the systems, only to find a charred corpse halfway between the door to the Camera Room and Medbay. Unfortunately she has no time to lament as the engine systems go offline and blast the Engine Room into flames. The A.S.S. CROIKEY MATE has seen better (and more populated) days.
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 am

Burning to death in a sardine can in space. It's how I was hoping it would end. I've made Space America proud.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Riveting!
Such action!
Although this is giving me a bad feeling ... :(
Attachments
1.png
1.png (11.19 KiB) Viewed 31988 times
2.png
2.png (16.64 KiB) Viewed 31988 times
If you can read this....you're not blind.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 am

Ship1ThirdCasualty.png
Ship1ThirdCasualty.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 31983 times
Huntakilla works on fixing the cameras to see where the fire is.
Oh. Everywhere.
Let's just let the cold vacuum of space take care of putting it out.
After the fire is gone, she spends time repairing everything and upgrading the shield systems. That night, she grabs a Foster's from the fridge and pours it out in honor of her fallen comrade. (Then promptly tries to slurp it back up off the ground because that's just how Australians are about wasting beer. Weird.)
It's lonely up there in space by yourself. You gotta feel some pity for her, but she can hold her own, she'll be fine. Hopefully.
Thankfully for her, Huntakilla really has no problem ignoring distress signals. Besides, she's already seen what happens out here if you've got too much of a conscience. Did TWO SLICKS really need to die to learn that?
"WHO YOU CALLIN' SIR YA WANKA" Huntakilla shouts into the cross-com. She runs to the Weapons Room and prepares for a "BLOODY DRUBBIN'".
Why does everyone want to run away from a homicidal Australian with a ship full of plasma weaponry? :roll:
Ah well, HK's almost got their shields down, she should have no problem with-
"BLOODY HELL YOU WANKAS CAN'T STICK AROUND FOR A FLIPPIN' TICK YA GOTTA RUN OF LOIKE THA BUNCHA' SCARED MONGRELS YOU ARE GET BACK 'ERE AN' FOIGHT LOIKE DINKUM MEN"

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:28 am

Ship1ThirdCasualty.png
Ship1ThirdCasualty.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 31969 times
After taking a brief detour to a trading center to repair the hull slightly, HK finds that the only possible locations to warp to are enemy-controlled. She looks around for another Foster's only to find that all of them helped to fuel the fires that ravaged the ship earlier. Maybe it's not such a good idea to keep pressurized alcohol on a burning space vessel. All she can find to eat are Slick's bags of Cheetos.
Huntakilla wonders if cheese snacks can ferment.
HK is glad that she finally gets to fire some missiles, but is slightly annoyed that the targets aren't alive.
Cowards. This is what you get for being Space Capitalists. Huntakilla just gives them the 5 missiles they wanted and leaves.
Well, this is awkward. Pirates are tough battlers, and the EERILY CLOSE STAR will regularly flare, causing the ship to burst into flames.
HK worries about the Cheeto Beer she's been trying desperately to brew.
Just as the enemy ship fragments, and another solar flare lights the entire front end of the ship on fire, Huntakilla realizes the pirates left one of their crew members on her ship. She tries desperately to put out fires as quickly as they get set by the star, alongside suffocating them (and the intruder) by opening airlocks. She finds her strange concoction still fermenting in bottles and tries to drink it all before it falls victim to the flames.
She immediately vomits it back up into the sink, which then bursts into flames due to the ridiculously high alcohol content. The star flares again lights another room on fire.
This idiocy goes on for 6 minutes until she realizes she can just warp to a location without a star and fix everything there.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:58 am

Ship1ThirdCasualty.png
Ship1ThirdCasualty.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 31961 times
After the fires are out, and the systems are fixed, HK makes a bee-line for the exit and thankfully finds that one of the next locations is friendly controlled. Hopefully she'll find less resistance there.... and a gastroenterologist, since that Cheeto Beer may have burnt away some of her stomach lining.
Unfortunately, due to the other incident with giant spiders occurring in another failed timeline, our heroine doesn't know how ridiculously dangerous and Slick-hating they are. Thankfully for her, she's brave, and sans a Slick on her ship. (RIP.) Since she doesn't have as much backup, she heads back to the medbay and grabs Zeor's beam sabre off his corpse.
She should really do something about the corpse. Ah well, she'll deal with that later.
You know what they say: "There's no use fighting a drunk Australian with an energy sword."
I don't know who says that, but it's a convenient quote.
Thanks to a convenient payment from the arachnid-infested crew for their pest control problems, Huntakilla heads to an outpost and patches up the hull as well as she can. Ready for battle again...
Sort of.

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:28 pm

She's Australian. She's breed to deal with dangerous spiders and anything that can kill you. :p
And it said that when I died, I was GONE... not dead. So maybe the spiders aren't Slick haters, exactly... but they were looking for a viral male to make sure of the continuation of the species. Either thought is equally terrifying. :|

Yeah let's just say I died.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:15 am

Ship1ThirdCasualty.png
Ship1ThirdCasualty.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 31946 times
Oh for... NOT THIS AGAIN. HK remembers how much she hates pirates and hopes this will be a quick fight.
The huge burning ball of gas and plasma in the background that constantly turns her ship into a tinderbox begs to differ.
Er... things don't seem to be going very well. :(
Oh. That doesn't look healthy. :( :( :(
Well, with that Huntakilla has drawn her last breath (of oxygen, at least), and this crew's reign comes to a close. Next three, you're up!

END OF TIMELINE 2

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:35 am

Blown up in a space explosion after dying in a space fire in an exploding sardine can in space.

8-)

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Wow, space shows no mercy...

*takes off helmet to respect his fallen comrades, and slick*

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:03 am

Fun stuff. I can't wait to find out the horrible way in which my character will no doubt die! :D
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Worm Mad wrote:Fun stuff. I can't wait to find out the horrible way in which my character will no doubt die! :D
What are you talking about, Slick, Hunta and Zeor all went to a space farm where they can run free! :D

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Fire, the great equalizer.
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Slick wrote:Riveting!
Such action!
Although this is giving me a bad feeling ... :(
I dunno why I didn't say this earlier, but that might be the most perfect expression I've ever seen you draw.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:24 pm

TIMELINE 3

THREE BRAVE INDIVIDUALS begin their epic quest to do bla bla bla whatever. Who the hell knows, let's just get to them dying.

Splapp hops into the weapons control room and fiddles around with the various knobs and levers. He mutters something about hoping that there'll be a lot of stuff to blow up on the trip.

Mad decides that he's the most "competent" (which is completely subjective) and grabs the driver's seat. He grabs the steering wheel and jostles it around making "vroom vroom" noises. Splapp contemplates filming this for blackmail usages later, but remembers he has nothing of value he could get out of Mad.

Beardy is black, because why the hell not. He names the ship accurately due his knowledge of Mad's driving ability. He remembers far too many instances of car sickness while riding with him to Denny's, and far too many instances of tragically dropped pancakes while riding from Denny's.

Beardy gets on the intercom and tells everyone how much he wants to go to Denny's. Now everyone wants Denny's. They hope they find one along the way.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 am

Hmm. I wanna go to Denny's.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:26 pm

I'd also like to go to Denny's. However in this thread I'd probably die before putting my coat on.

Pilger
Regular

Post by Pilger » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:22 pm

I didn't even want to go to Denny's I just reminded how good it was. :roll:

Anyways, I demand mugshots! Slick, HK and Zeor had theirs! :x

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:18 am

Ship2.png
Ship2.png (43.58 KiB) Viewed 31845 times
OH NO SPACE PIRATES WHO COULD'VE EVER EXPECTED THAAAAAAAT.
Not surprisingly, everyone has absolutely no intentions of giving up their money that was 100% legitimately earned and totally not stolen from the McDonalds in the spaceport. Splapp knew that knife jabbed in his prefrontal cortex would be handy for stickups eventually.
Conveniently, the damage done to his brain by the stab wound also removed much of his body's requirement for oxygen, making him ideal for fixing the hull in case of damage. In all honesty, he would've done it regardless due to his undying lust for a delicious Grand Slam meal awaiting him later on the trip. Hell he'd even settle for IHOP at this point.
Well that certainly went better than expected, given the last two timelines. Everyone rejoices very mildly and miraculously all become hungry at once.
Beardy starts wishing he knew what time it was, just to get a general gauge on when they should have breakfast. Mad reminds him that there's no time in space.
Beardy smashes Mad's face into his scrambled eggs and goes back to eating.

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Ship2.png
Ship2.png (43.58 KiB) Viewed 31823 times
Seems like all the pirates in this area have the same idea. Well at least this time they have no choice but to fight.
Some stuff happens, Beardy and Splapp get to beat up Mantis Men. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Just before leaving the sector, our "heroes" are hailed by a "friendly" salesman advertising "legitimate work".
Splapp seems to have no problem with this and asks him for some help, because nobody ever lies in space, right?
Huh. Turns out he wasn't lying. That's a pretty good price for doors, too.
At this point, everyone's pretty much forgotten their original objective and decided to make a beeline for the Denny's. Who cares about the fall of a galaxy-wide government system to unorganized rebel forces, there's delicious pancakes at stake!