Dwarf Fortress: Oh, We're Doing This

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Zeor
Senior

Re: Dwarf Fortress: Oh, We're Doing This

Post by Zeor » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:08 pm

I think we have quite a few dwarves who are okayed for cleaning work, and they've done a reasonable job of keeping the fortress interior free of spew. Somebody cleaned up that grave not too long after the screenshot. Nobody's going out to clean the road, though.

Will try to do some more soon.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:15 am

GHFHSDKFs

The giant attack was a while ago now, but people sure are horrified after seeing him die a lot.

Of course it turns out there's more Dwarf Fortress weirdness at work here. They left the giant's corpse lying around in the regular old refuse stockpile, which is out in the open and even pretty close to the path. I decide to try digging out a space for an underground refuse heap so people won't lose their minds every time they walk past it.

This fisherdwarf keeps finding the dead one over in the river and going into a state of shock. First time I've seen this reaction.

Evidently the deceased was one of his innumerable relatives.

Seconds later, he's done grieving and fondly reminiscing on the beautiful spectacle of war.

Weirdo. Careful what you wish for. We haven't seen any goblins yet, but ... you know, it's been a while now. It's entirely possible I was wrong about the goblins. I don't even know.

The dwarves dutifully move the entire refuse stockpile except for the half-rotten giant which is too gross and/or scary to touch. vOv

I decided to set up a statue garden because that's a thing some fortresses have and now I can say I'm sort of doing something. It's not a bad little thing.

Even though WormGod drew this aardvark man on it.

aardvark man

Human traders roll up. They have tons of cloth, so I mark all those for trade and, in return, offer one entire bin just stuffed with dwarfy finished goods. Not a ton of things in there that are very interesting to us; pretty much just a good shipment of cash here. There was one pretty badass thing though.

Somebody made a figurine of S2K being a ghost.

Anyway, with a bunch of bins of cloth and some leather, now we can have Paul.Power make us some clothes. Probably not nearly enough for the whole fortress, but better than nothing.

Wow that statue garden got popular quickly. I'm sure it'll be full of hurl in no time.

Lots happening down in the mines. I keep going downwards because I think there may or may not be something interesting if you go really deep. We've struck a handful of gemstones and ... schorl. Hooray, schorl! Dwarf Fortress, starring schorl.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Xinos
Regular

Post by Xinos » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:04 am

I'm enjoying this. I hope my dwarf will emerge some day and do something heroic, but more likely he'll be mentioned for the first time as he blindly wanders into a stream of lava.

Pilger
Regular

Post by Pilger » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:01 am

Hope zeor returns to the fortress. :3

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:30 am

Xinos wrote:I'm enjoying this. I hope my dwarf will emerge some day and do something heroic, but more likely he'll be mentioned for the first time as he blindly wanders into a stream of lava.
Mine was in the great fight against a demon... stood there... and did nothing... :o