The Wormest Dungeon

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

The Wormest Dungeon

Post by SupSuper » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:49 am

Ah, the Dream17 Estate. Once a proud place where people from all around the realm would come to discuss the latest strategies, appreciate the newest fan-art, hear strange tales of dreams and vending machines, and possibly even engage in a round of Worms or two. But years of decay and abandonment have left the place in shambles, no longer a place of dignity, but instead the home of spammers, cheaters, bots, and worse of all... newbies.

It's time to take it back. Restore the glory of the estate and find out what lurks beneath these darkened posts. Starting with... you four.

This here is Darkest Dungeon. I heartily recommend it if you like getting mercilessly killed in a turn-based roguelike RPG fashion.
Attachments
2016-01-25_00005.jpg
(114.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2016-01-25_00004.jpg
(111.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2016-01-25_00003.jpg
(112.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2016-01-25_00002.jpg
(111.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2016-01-25_00001.jpg
(78.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Team17 Forum Refugee | OpenXcom Developer

Zeor
Senior

Re: The Wormest Dungeon

Post by Zeor » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 am

Awesome. Never heard of this before, but I'm all about it. I'm ready to crusade.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:40 am

Ooooooooh boy, this should be fun. Taking bets on who goes insane first, I'm guessing Slick.
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.

Paul.Power
He Rocketh So

Post by Paul.Power » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Haha, nice. I've seen this in action before, and it's quite a thing.
"Spam is the filling in the sandwich of forum life"

Here, have some Let's Plays: Advance Wars 2 | Advance Wars

Pilger
Regular

Post by Pilger » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:01 pm

I'll keep an eye on this! Never heard of the game, but looks fun.

Cisken1
Settled in

Post by Cisken1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 pm

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 am

Let the adventure begin! This first update is gonna be big for the benefit of those new to the game, as we progress I'll just focus on interesting events. Might have to make the images smaller though...

There are many locations in our future, but for now we can only visit the Ruins.

This place is crawling with skeletons, but Zeor and Slick make short work of them before they even get a hit on us.

The environment is our enemy here as well. Start digging!

We get the drop on another pair of skeletons and cultists.
This time it's HK's chance to shine, while the rest clean up the mess with just a few scratches.

As we get deeper into the ruins, the fights get tougher.
The undead don't appreciate HK's spiritual powers and nearly crit her to death. Will she make it?

Luckily Paul is able to keep them occupied while she heals herself, as Zeor and Slick lay down the finishing blows.

This happens a lot. You know Paul, maybe if you didn't wear that damn ugly mask all the time you could see where you're going.

However despite his serious injuries he still plays a valuable support as we deal with more skeleton incursions.

Hey Zeor, we're supposed to be a party, quit hogging all the loot.

Goddammit guys there's no I in TEAM

We're looking worse for wear but we still have enough supplies to keep us going.

Oof, that was a rough start. Not only do they get the drop of us, they also put us in very bad combat positions.

They immediately take advantage of poor old Paul. Badly hurt and badly stressed, will this be his breaking point?

No! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and with that renewed courage we manage to dispatch the remaining enemies without any losses.

These dungeons don't just wear out your physical but your mental state as well. At least we came out richer.

Next, we all get drunk and can continue on the Ruins, or visit the Warrens, the Weald or the Cove? Vote now!

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:43 am

Kickass. 8-)
SupSuper wrote:Image
"Hey, will you guys critique my Undertale fan fiction? It's about an alternate timeline where Papyrus is a girl and"
*BLARGHHTFf*
"Oh ha ha."
SupSuper wrote:Hey Zeor, we're supposed to be a party, quit hogging all the loot.
No. I crusaded all this loot by myself. You guys saw it. You were there killing all the other stuff.
SupSuper wrote:You know Paul, maybe if you didn't wear that damn ugly mask all the time you could see where you're going.
Hey, do you know how much time and effort it takes to... find one of those masks somewhere and call yourself a doctor?

Anyway. I vote cove, just because I think it sounds the most scenic.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:30 pm

Arr, I vote Cove, matey 'cause a pirate I be. 8-)

It's funny how HuntaKilla is in all these and yet she hasn't been on the board for ages. I mean, I understand why as it's nice to have a female character in things not just all guys but it's funny that she's appearing in all this stuff without even knowing about it (unless she's lurking...which I guess is possible).
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

SupSuper
leek hackspinn0r

Post by SupSuper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Worm Mad wrote:Arr, I vote Cove, matey 'cause a pirate I be. 8-)

It's funny how HuntaKilla is in all these and yet she hasn't been on the board for ages. I mean, I understand why as it's nice to have a female character in things not just all guys but it's funny that she's appearing in all this stuff without even knowing about it (unless she's lurking...which I guess is possible).
In this case it's because the characters are random, so I try to name them what fits best (eg. Zeor has a sword, Paul has potions), and we only have one female member. Unless NZKiwi is still hanging around. :P

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:57 pm

Worm Mad wrote: It's funny how HuntaKilla is in all these and yet she hasn't been on the board for ages.
Yeah, I've been thinking that. I think last time she was around, she mentioned she was being eaten by Fallout 4, which I can respect. If she comes back, she sure has a pile of varyingly-funny-or-just-cringey Australian jokes waiting.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:19 am

HuntaKilla wrote:varyingly-funny-or-just-cringey Australian jokes waiting.
I hope she isn't offended by her portrayal in my game. As I said in the other thread, I put in real Australian slang so it wasn't completely cartoonish. Plus, there are hints that some of it is her messing with the player: "Come on Threepwood, play along". Plus, it's not all Aussie jokes in the game, she has other facets of her character. Even if those other traits are enjoying violent pranks and thinking everyone's a dingo. :P

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic, Sup. TO THE COVE!
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Slick
Beef Stew

Post by Slick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:49 pm

This is so entertaining :D
If you can read this....you're not blind.