Who am I?

Sit yourselves down in here and have a chinwag about whatever takes your fancy.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Slick
Beef Stew

Who am I?

Post by Slick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Fun little personality test that uses Myers Briggs personality types and categories.

This isn't a Facebook personality quiz (lol you like the color blue so you are AWESOME) and is actually kinda of insightful. You don't have to pay to get a good idea about your personality type either. Which is nice.

I say I fit between an INTP (The Logician)
http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

and a INTJ ( The Architect)...
http://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

...almost perfectly.

Take the test for yourself. ---->> http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Post your results. Let's all get to know each other a bit more. ;)
If you can read this....you're not blind.

Zeor
Senior

Re: Who am I?

Post by Zeor » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Mediator, apparently. I'm not sure how accurate all that is.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

ViceroyOfMonteCristo
Settled in

Post by ViceroyOfMonteCristo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Huh, you and I are in the same boat Slick. Every time I've taken the Myers-Briggs before I've only gotten INTP and INTJ.
They say people in those two are more emotionally detached, cold, and calculating.
So I guess we're gonna be Bond villains. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Follow me on Twitch! Or don't. I respect your decision.

Zeor
Senior

Post by Zeor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:04 am

Having found the rest of this, it's actually kind of eerily on-point. Not so much in that rosey worldview - mine is really dark these days, in fact - but it's really accurate in some other places. Particularly in the "very principled" area, and even in the "good at languages" bit, which is oddly specific. I do tend to speak in metaphors a lot, too, and definitely spend more time with my head in the clouds than on Earth. Fun stuff.

I knew I was a rare breed in practically every way, but even this says INFP is only about 4% of the population, and then apparently I'm a subset of that.

Cool test.

e: Yeah the more I read, the more accurate it looks. Just about everything except that flowery worldview.
Zero72, Team17 Forum member (and former Cartoonist), June 2002 - June 2013.

Zeor TV - [fart noise]!

Worm Mad
Staff Writer

Post by Worm Mad » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:55 am

Hm. Not sure I buy this.

Then again, the page for that type does have a heading entitled "Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness'" so maybe they do know me ;)

EDIT: "as a result they tend to have a huge circle of friends." - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Attachments
personalitytestbleh.png
(99.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Worm Mad - is he a mad worm or a person mad about worms? I'll give you a clue - it's not the first one.

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:46 am

Interesting quiz. I got Mediator (INFP-T).

I think I should try take the test again to get more accurate results, as I feel like I left a little too many nuetrals.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:13 pm

I got The Mediator too, INFP-A, but very close to being INFJ. I usually thought of myself as INTJ, but I can accept the feeling side of things. I wouldn't directly call myself caring, but I like to maintain tactfulness and harmony. My political views certainly lean towards the 'social conscience' way of thinking.

I had thought of Perceiving as being people who crave chaos, go out for a night on the town with no plans except to leave a trail of mayhem and handle unexpected situations with ease, which is not me at all. But the working in bursts of energy and being stimulated by the deadline described here are more me, so I guess I am marginally on the perceiving side:
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-pers ... eiving.htm
x_+

Pilger
Regular

Post by Pilger » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 pm

INTJ

Star and Moon
Regular

Post by Star and Moon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:35 am

I recently retook this test and got INTJ -T (Architect) which is much more accurate to me.

And, holy cow, there's so much good information on here. It's like reading a wiki page about your life, including the parts you haven't lived yet.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 am

Bloopy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:13 pm
I wouldn't directly call myself caring
I've been thinking about my personality a lot lately. I could probably say I have a caring module that I can practically switch on/off. I've overthunk the fact that I overthink things, and now I see it's more like an acute level of self-awareness. I'm not in complete control of my feelings by any means, but just as I've learnt to see arguments and things from multiple angles, so too can I apply that to myself, examine my underlying conflicting thoughts and feelings and see or manipulate what made me feel a certain way about something. It was at this point that I uncovered some of my hilariously inappropriate thoughts, the existence and accessibility of which just made me laugh even more, and the folly of existence even more than that, to the point where I imagined being locked up or burnt at the stake depending on the era, which led to me almost collapsing in a fit of hysterical laughter. Nothing special, right? :twisted:

I just tried the more classic Myers-Briggs questionnaire and still got INTJ there, although my Thinking is giving way to Feeling more. And I'm fairly confident the J is wrong now.
x_+