WMapEditor - the very eary version.

Whatever you're working on - be it Art, Music, a Fan-Game or a program for use with existing Team17 games - we want to hear about it.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Gran_PC

Post by Gran_PC » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:58 pm

-
Last edited by Gran_PC on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:18 pm

*sigh* K^2 didn't put his e-mail address... So what can I do now?

Squirminator2k
Dream17 Founder

Post by Squirminator2k » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:26 am

K^2's on my Contact List for MSN. Email me your email address and I'll pass it on to him when he's next online.
PortsCenter - Gaming's forgotten history. A show all about unique video game ports.

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:01 am

That giant chair map is pretty cool.

I'm on and off with the project. I have made some very signifficant changes that simplify a lot of things. In particular, now you can have several maps open at once, and move/copy stuff between the two. That allows you, for example, to "Borrow" objects from T17 maps. Since the lattice editing as it is now is a serious pain, it's very usefull. Currently, I'm working on mouse-based editing. I want a user to be able to change the shape of lattices by simply dragging controll points arround.

I can be reached by e-mail/MSN here:
konstantinkh (a.t) hotmail (d.o.t) com

Edit: The version I have running right now should be ideal for building a Menger Sponge, due to its ability to coppy lattices. I attempted it just now, but something went wrong and the program crashed. I'll try to find out what I can do about that later.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

Gran_PC

Post by Gran_PC » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:12 pm

-
Last edited by Gran_PC on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:22 pm

I don't really know what could have caused such a serious crash. Was the whole screen black, or just the editor window? Could you post your system's specifications?

The program is rather poorly tested, and it does crash sometimes for reasons unknown to me. Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to run extended tests to find all the bugs and verify that it works properly accross various systems. I try to do what I can to fix problems as people repport them to me.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

Gran_PC

Post by Gran_PC » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:04 pm

gee
Last edited by Gran_PC on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Kilburn
Settled in

Post by _Kilburn » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:33 pm

About the UI, I can easily build one, but you must have Qt 4 library if you want to build the program. Is this a problem?

Here is Qt 4 : ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/X11/Qt/qt/source/ ... -4.2.0.zip

(I ask if it does matter, because Qt 4 is huge and hard to install...)

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Can you compile it? I can simply send you the .cpp and .h files. It's a simple class. You use .load() member to load the list of maps in the scripts.xom, then .getName/.setName members to get/set various parameters, and finaly, .save() to put it back into scripts.xom. Plus, a couple of functions to add/delete maps from the list and some enums to make it all as simple as possible.

Edit: Just to have a redirect here. Better version.
http://dream17.abime.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=339