Are these possible?

Whatever you're working on - be it Art, Music, a Fan-Game or a program for use with existing Team17 games - we want to hear about it.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

Bladex

Are these possible?

Post by Bladex » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:48 pm

these would be great to have

1. flag maker
2. tomb stone maker
3. hat and clothes maker!

i have 3d studio max 7 making new hats etc would be no problem!

AndrewTaylor
Regular

Post by AndrewTaylor » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:31 pm

Flag editor would probably be possible -- I expect they're all in a Xom file as TGA files. It shouldn't be too difficult to find all the addresses and wrte a programme that replaced a given flag with a new TGA. The others would probably be impractically difficult.

Of course, aside from anything else it depends what game you're talking about. I haven't got Mayhem, so I can't really play with that.

Bladex

Post by Bladex » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:59 am

AndrewTaylor wrote:
Of course, aside from anything else it depends what game you're talking about. I haven't got Mayhem, so I can't really play with that.
yeah for worms 4.

K^2
Regular

Post by K^2 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:38 am

When I actually get W4, I'll take a look at these. I might be able to throw together something that will take .3ds files and make hats/clothes or toomb stones out of them. If there are bones involved, however, I'm not going to bother.
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.

Bladex

Post by Bladex » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:40 am

K^2 wrote:When I actually get W4, I'll take a look at these. I might be able to throw together something that will take .3ds files and make hats/clothes or toomb stones out of them. If there are bones involved, however, I'm not going to bother.
cool! i don't think there are bones involved cos some of the hats they go through the worms heads. it looks like their just sitting there not actually attached to the worms themselves.

Bloopy
Regular

Post by Bloopy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:57 am

AndrewTaylor wrote:Flag editor would probably be possible -- I expect they're all in a Xom file as TGA files. It shouldn't be too difficult to find all the addresses and wrte a programme that replaced a given flag with a new TGA. The others would probably be impractically difficult.
They are not even in a xom, they're just bare tga files in a Flags folder.
x_+

Bladex

Post by Bladex » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:05 pm

Bloopy wrote:
AndrewTaylor wrote:Flag editor would probably be possible -- I expect they're all in a Xom file as TGA files. It shouldn't be too difficult to find all the addresses and wrte a programme that replaced a given flag with a new TGA. The others would probably be impractically difficult.
They are not even in a xom, they're just bare tga files in a Flags folder.
well i edited 1 of the flag TGA files, replaced the image and saved it as a different TGA but it didn't show up in the game.

AndrewTaylor
Regular

Post by AndrewTaylor » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:13 pm

As I say, I haven't got Mayhem, but in Forts there are a load of TGA files that don't do anything -- the data is actually loaded from XOM files.

Try saving one over the top of an existing one -- it might not look for new files. Back up the old one first, though. You don't want to have to reinstall the game to get a flag back.

Bladex

Post by Bladex » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:39 pm

AndrewTaylor wrote:As I say, I haven't got Mayhem, but in Forts there are a load of TGA files that don't do anything -- the data is actually loaded from XOM files.

Try saving one over the top of an existing one -- it might not look for new files. Back up the old one first, though. You don't want to have to reinstall the game to get a flag back.
yeah they work if you save over exsiting ones however the original name still appears in the game. like if you save over the german flag it still says germany in the game when you select it.