Worms4 3D Tool Kit

Whatever you're working on - be it Art, Music, a Fan-Game or a program for use with existing Team17 games - we want to hear about it.

Moderator: Dream17 Staff

K^2
Regular

Worms4 3D Tool Kit

Post by K^2 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:56 am

Ever had a great idea for a custom W4 hat, but couldn't find a way to put it into the game? Worry no more! The W4 3D Tool Kit is here for you. Simply make the hat in your favorite 3D Editor and export it as .3ds. Then use the kit to replace one of the hats in the game with your own.

But does the fun stop there? Of course not. You can also make your own glasses, mustaches, and even custom weapon parts for the Weapon Factory. And I'm giving this all away for FREE! Am I crazy? My psychiatrist thinks so.

For these of you who don't know a difference between a 3D editor and a foot, but still really, really wanting to try to make something, or maybe just slightly edit an existing model to fit the worm (Always give credit to authors.), try Anim8or. It's so easy that even I can use it, and I'm horrible with 3D editors. It has all the functionality you need to make a 3ds file compatible with the Tool Kit. It will show you materials/textures used by the model, let you move/scale things, and even has a nice Merge Solids function that will make sure that your model uses a single triangle list. It will also work as a simple 3DS viewer, if you don't have one already. Give it a try. It's free.

As usual, I should note that this project is not affiliated with Team17 Software Ltd, or Dream17 website.
Attachments
3DToolKit.zip
(57.74 KiB) Downloaded 1031 times
None of my projects (Minus One converter, W3D/W4 Map Viewer, and WMapEditor) are endorsed, supported or otherwise affiliated with Dream17. I just find Dream17 forums to be a nice place to share and discuss my work with others.